View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Fast IM before Breckenridge CO

Rate this Entry
Well, it's time for the first vacation of the summer. So.... I modified the last several workouts to do "Things I can't/won't do while on Vacation".

Sunday, LCM converted in to SCM - YEAH!
I went to workout mainly just to check the box of coached workout before going on vacation. To my delight they put a bulkhead in the LCM pool so scrambled for the deep end and recruited 2 friends to do our own workout in our own lane.
4 x 100's on 3:00 ==>I did them free
100 straight 1:13
50/10/50 1:10
50/10/25/5/25 1:07
4 x 25 5 sec 1:04

4 x dives + break outs
1 at a time and giving feedback

That was fun!

I wasn't very fast on the 100's, but not so far off and not out of control either. I think it's a great place to be for now, and hopefully I can hold on until the fall and improve. I'd like to be 1:07 or :08 on the straight 100, and down to 1:00 or sub on the broken 4 x 25's.

1:17, 1:16, 1:16

Those were around a bunch of other 100's the lane was doing. Very solid, but i'd like to be even faster. My best ever was recent and a 1:14. That was a serious crankin' it day but we were all doing IMs so I had good racing.

3 x strong 50's, about 1:30ish
fly/back/br
33/36/43

The fly was really promising at 33. I haven't been there in awhile and am getting back into it. I'd like to breakthrough later this year, finally getting past the 32/33 mark and going 31's from a push.

I didn't have enough rest to have a snappy back/breast, so those were a bit slower.

See you later!!!

Submit "Fast IM before Breckenridge CO" to Digg Submit "Fast IM before Breckenridge CO" to del.icio.us Submit "Fast IM before Breckenridge CO" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fast IM before Breckenridge CO" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You are at 23 swimming miles for the year and still maintain top ten swimming?
    Hi steve!

No, for the Breck Rec Center 50 mile club you have do the swims there for it to count! That's why it takes so long. I go 2 or 3 times a year, so it will take a while to get to 50 miles!