View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tues, June 10

Rate this Entry
Treadmill, jogged 4 miles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been out of the water a couple days, and it looks like that dry spell will be extended to four days. Yesterday, we discovered that my daughter's passport expires on June 29 when we're supposed to be in Europe. Real imbeciles for not checking ... So the last two days have been consumed with gathering everything I needed for the emergency passport service. Not an easy task with Mr. Fort in Dallas. He had to overnight me some things. Tomorrow am, I've leaving for VA or a couple days to visit Teen Fort, who is coaching there this summer. But I'm booked solid and don't think I'll get a swim in before heading back. My aquatic fitness is not what I had hoped going into a vacation where I won't swim ... Oh well, plenty of time to get back in shape with no meet on the horizon.

Submit "Tues, June 10" to Digg Submit "Tues, June 10" to del.icio.us Submit "Tues, June 10" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tues, June 10" to Google

Categories
Running

Comments

Treadmill ='s UGH
    Have a great weekend. Who's gonna takeover practices when ur on vacation? Oh and thanks for writing tonight's workout for jimby! You know he would have come up with something even I would have rejected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Treadmill ='s UGH
    Have a great weekend. Who's gonna takeover practices when ur on vacation? Oh and thanks for writing tonight's workout for jimby! You know he would have come up with something even I would have rejected.
    Bill White will be coaching for me while I'm in Europe. Jimby will coach the Sewickley practices for him. I feel really lucky to have him.

Treadmills are ugh, but I was watching season 2 of Orange is the New Black, so not as terrible.
    Leslie, when I suffered the detached retina several seasons back, I had to lie around and barely move for 10 days, then swim very slow (no flip turns) for the first week or so when I could finally get back in the water. Three months later, I had some of my best times in years in the 500 and 1000. Sometimes I think a complete break does the body good. Not that I plan to take one myself, unless I have to. You have to, so don't feel guilty--I think it's going to let every little micro trauma heal up, and when you return, your next rounds of glory will be unprecedented.

And Mark? I had planned to use Leslie's practice for everyone else, but assign you to 4 x 1650 on the 20:00. That may have been too much rest, but I guess I am just the nuturing type.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    And Mark? I had planned to use Leslie's practice for everyone else, but assign you to 4 x 1650 on the 20:00. That may have been too much rest, but I guess I am just the nuturing type.
    Maybe just give him Greg Danner's workout from today
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    Leslie, when I suffered the detached retina several seasons back, I had to lie around and barely move for 10 days, then swim very slow (no flip turns) for the first week or so when I could finally get back in the water. Three months later, I had some of my best times in years in the 500 and 1000. Sometimes I think a complete break does the body good. Not that I plan to take one myself, unless I have to. You have to, so don't feel guilty--I think it's going to let every little micro trauma heal up, and when you return, your next rounds of glory will be unprecedented.

Yes, I'm not going to be stressed about taking time off from swimming. I think you're right about that. Let the body heal. However, it will keep me from swimming nationals. I don't want to compete in nationals and give a subpar performance.

Mark only likes short rest, so speed day is not for him. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Maybe just give him Greg Danner's workout from today
    ha! Not many masters can do those kids' workouts!