View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 89 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
I was tired and stiff this morning. I also woke with a stiff neck and don't know if this was a result of yesterday's efforts or sleeping weird last night. This mornings workout was a recovery and I felt pretty good after I warmed up.

Warmup
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup

Main sets
8x100 pull on 1:30 descend 1-4
4x100 swum as fly delay hip drill(this was a strange one for me but then again I don't swim fly)
200 kick without board front, left, right, back by 50
100 free
200 kick without board front, left, right, back by 50
100 free
800 straight swum alternating 50 free,50 fly drill

Warm down
200 easy

Total 3500LCM

Lots of drills and easy swimming today.

TomorrowI head back to Dallas on an early flight and will swim in the afternoon. We have our 100s best average kick test set tomorrow. Should be a lot of fun.

Submit "Week 89 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 89 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 89 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 89 - Wednesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Stewart I have been doing a lot of hard efforts with paddles lately and have been experiencing some neck muscle pain myself. It's not muscle damage but more major muscle fatigue if anything. It is mostly in neck area behind head at base of my skull extending down to my shoulders. I have also been doing some upright rows and can feel it when I add weight. My guess is its related to the 100's pull set you did yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarke
    Stewart I have been doing a lot of hard efforts with paddles lately and have been experiencing some neck muscle pain myself. It's not muscle damage but more major muscle fatigue if anything. It is mostly in neck area behind head at base of my skull extending down to my shoulders. I have also been doing some upright rows and can feel it when I add weight. My guess is its related to the 100's pull set you did yesterday.
    i think you are right. I woke this morning (Thursday) and my neck felt much better. I am flying back to Dallas this morning so will practice tonight and fingers crossed I will be back to normal both neck and energy levels.

I go as hard as I can and wonder a day later why I am not feeling great. I keep forgetting I am not a kid anymore. The older I get the longer it takes to recover! Sad but true.