View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 89 - Friday

Rate this Entry
I had planned on swimming when I got back from California yesterday but the weather and American Airlines conspired against me. My original flight left SFO at 7am and was due into DFW at 12.20pm. Apparently Dallas had some thunder storms yesterday morning and upon approach to DFW my AA flight was forced to circle the airport for an hour. After the obligatory hour of circling we were informed that we did not have enough fuel on board to continue and had to divert to Abilene Texas(a very small airport about 45 minutes from Dallas). Upon landing in Abilene we were #6 to get refuelled only for the fuelling vehicle to break down while working on plane #5. Long story short, 4 hours sitting on the runway in Abilene followed by a 45 minute hop to Dallas, followed by another hour on the ground at DFW trying to get a gate meant my 3 hour trip from San Frnacisco to Dallas ended up being almost 9hrs.

Today I woke very tired and I felt generally off my game today. I worked the main set and the fast 25's and everything else I was in sloth mode. The pool was setup LCM.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 50

Main sets
6x(200 free on 3mins with paddles only, 100 kick on 1:45)
100 easy
12x50 drill swim on 1min
16x25 swum at 400m pace on 40

Warm down
400 easy

Total 4000LCM

I went 2:15, 2:16, 2:17, 2:17, 2:217, 2:17 on the 200's and then held 1:38-1:39s on the kick. As written I was supposed to hold 1:40's for the kick but could not get rid of kick board and put on paddles in the time so amended it to 1:45 with a very quick change of equipment. These were much harder than they should have been and by the end I was hurting. On the 25's I was holding 15-16s as best as I could tell when I pushed off the wall and 16-17s when I started from the middle of the pool.

Submit "Week 89 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 89 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 89 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 89 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I have had my shared of cancelled flights and some delayed flights, but nothing quite like that. Sounds miserable.