View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 90 - Monday

Rate this Entry
My daughter finaled yesterday in the 200m free and the 100m back at the Bill Nixon meet. This was her first heats and finals meet and she swam awesome. As a result I had a late night last night and was very tired when I woke up this morning.

Todays workout was LCM. I did not feel bad throughout this workout but I was very tired at the end.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup

Main set
6x300 pull with paddles descend 1-3, 4-6 on 4:30
100 easy
3x(150 breathing 3,5 by 50 on 2mins, 50 kick on 1min, 200 AFAP on 4mins)

Warm down
400 with snorkel

Total 4200LCM

I swam 3:40, 3.30, 3:21, 3:33, 3:25, 3:19 on the descending 300's. On the next main set I was going about 1:50 on the 150's, 50 on the kick and went 2:18,2:17,2:16 on the 200's. I was hoping to swimmer quicker ont he 200's but my arms were beat. LCM is definitely harder than scy but I am finally getting used to it.

Submit "Week 90 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 90 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 90 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 90 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

  1. cclarke's Avatar
    Stewart - Congrats to your daughter on a great meet! Always fun to see your kids do well and have fun.

    Dont beat yourself up on the 200's those are solid times after holding 1:50's on the 150's. You are Beast!
  2. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarke
    Stewart - Congrats to your daughter on a great meet! Always fun to see your kids do well and have fun.
    it really was exciting seeing her drop 5 seconds between heats and finals on her 200 free. She has dropped 30 seconds so far this long course season. She is now only 4 seconds off her TAGS qualifiers.


    Quote Originally Posted by cclarke
    Dont beat yourself up on the 200's those are solid times after holding 1:50's on the 150's. You are Beast!
    i have a little discomfort in my right shoulder and will ease off a little on it this week. I will be icing pretty much until the discomfort goes away.
  3. cclarke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    i have a little discomfort in my right shoulder and will ease off a little on it this week. I will be icing pretty much until the discomfort goes away.
    Maybe lay off the paddles or cut the distance back using them for this week to see if that helps?
  4. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarke
    Maybe lay off the paddles or cut the distance back using them for this week to see if that helps?
    i think I will do just that and not lift upper body this week.
  5. flystorms's Avatar
    Wahoo for your girl! That's huge progress.

    And yes, please take it easy on the shoulder. No sense in making it worse.