Warm up:

600 various
3 x 50 scull w/paddles
4 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :45
50 EZ

Main Sets:

6 x 25 burst SDK from a push @ 1:00
50 EZ

5 x 30 m burst SDK from the blocks (2 back, 3 forward)
100 EZ

5 x (10 x 25 @ 100 pace w/fins @ :40 + 100 EZ)
R1&2 = fly, R3 = back, R4 = breast, R5 = dolphin kick w/board

extra 100 EZ

Total: 3250

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pretty bushed from that. Do any of you get Swimming World magazine?There was an article this month about USRPT. Michael Andrew is apparently doing 3 workouts a day, so not such super low yardage as was suggested by someone on the forum. He also uses mega rest HIT for his 50 work, not USRPT. I never thought USRPT had a thing to do with 50s ...

Leaving on Friday for Europe! Getting so excited!

Submit "Monday, June 16" to Digg Submit "Monday, June 16" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, June 16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, June 16" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Yes, I saw that article too. The whole thing that was originally hyped seemed rather shady to me, but then again I was "raised" by Skip Kenny and Richard Quick, so I learned to swim a lot of yardage twice daily, and my son's old coach of the same mindset. I still think that you have to do HIIT type workouts or USRPT to get the feel of racing though - in addition to putting in the yardage. To each his own. Have fun in Europe! Which countries are you going to visit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Yes, I saw that article too. The whole thing that was originally hyped seemed rather shady to me, but then again I was "raised" by Skip Kenny and Richard Quick, so I learned to swim a lot of yardage twice daily, and my son's old coach of the same mindset. I still think that you have to do HIIT type workouts or USRPT to get the feel of racing though - in addition to putting in the yardage. To each his own. Have fun in Europe! Which countries are you going to visit?
    Yes! You can't swim fast in a meet without swimming fast in practice.

Italy, Greece, and Ephesus in Turkey.
    Michael Andrew is apparently doing 3 workouts a day, so not such super low yardage as was suggested by someone on the forum. He also uses mega rest HIT for his 50 work, not USRPT.
    Indeed, it was pretty clear from Becca Mann's blog after training with MA that he is doing long rest sprints and that his USRPT sessions add up to a lot of swimming.

I never thought USRPT had a thing to do with 50s ...
    For sure. I've been playing with USRPT-ish sets quit a lot. My instinct is that they are great for training for SCY 100s. 50s, not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Indeed, it was pretty clear from Becca Mann's blog after training with MA that he is doing long rest sprints and that his USRPT sessions add up to a lot of swimming.
    I must admit the idea of doing multi USRPT sessions a day (2 max, I guess) sounds intriguing. Not sure I could really fit that into the schedule though ... but I wish I could.

Yeah, that once proposed 4 x 6 x 12.5 @: short rest for 50s was just plain dumb.
    Wish I could jump in your suitcase & come too! Sounds so fun!