View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 90 - Friday

Rate this Entry
Our coach was out today and I was asked to write up the workout for everyone so I ended up getting to the pool a little earlier than usual. I had a good nights sleep and finally the legs are starting to feel a little better; they are not pain free but I don't feel like the tin man when I walk any more either.

The pool was setup as LCM and today was was shorter than usual but had a good amount of high intensity work.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 50

main sets
3x(1x50 free on :35, 2x100 on 1:20, 3x50 streamline kick on :55) with 30 seconds rest between rounds
100 easy
8x50 fast kick with fins on 1min
4x200 perfect swimming on 3mins
4x50 AFAP from a dive on 2mins

Warm down
100 easy

total 3500LCM

i was holding 31-32s on the 50 on :35, 1:07-1:09 on the 100s and 50s on the kick. This set was hard work, but I got going and by the end it felt ok. The 50s kick with fins I was holding 32s other than the last one where Nikki decided to do her Sammy save up and I picked it up and went 29. The 200s were swum easy. The 4x50s I felt awesome and went 27,27,27,26. Despite being tired after a long couple of weeks of training I feel strong and I am swimming surprisingly fast for this time of the season for me which all bodes well for worlds. One more week of regular training and then we have our camp followed by our taper. It's hard to believe worlds is only 6 weeks away.

Submit "Week 90 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 90 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 90 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 90 - Friday" to Google

Updated June 20th, 2014 at 10:57 AM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

That main set is awesome. I'm going to rip that one off for sure. How the heck do you kick :32s LC? Your kick is a huge weapon in your arsenal.

So Worlds is closer than I realized. What's your taper strategy? Your events?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    That main set is awesome. I'm going to rip that one off for sure. How the heck do you kick :32s LC? Your kick is a huge weapon in your arsenal.

So Worlds is closer than I realized. What's your taper strategy? Your events?
    the 32s were with fins. I wish they were straight up but alas I am not that quick. I was stoked about the 50s from the block.

Its hard are to believe worlds are just around the corner. We have a training camp the 28th June-6th July and then we have a week and then we taper. I can't wait.
    Nice workout today!! Glad I could contribute to you go faster on the last 50 kick! Watch out soon I will be able to beat you on a 50 kick!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Nice workout today!! Glad I could contribute to you go faster on the last 50 kick! Watch out soon I will be able to beat you on a 50 kick!
    thanks. Are you trying to do a Bill on me. I don't react to smack talking young lady. Donald does however.