View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 06/20/14

Rate this Entry
Completed my Lochte-esque drylands this morning - moving the pellets from the driveway, down some tables into the basement, then restacking all 4 tons. This year with the three girls and my son, we did it all in about an hour. 200 x 40# bags - I was in the basement lifting each bag and tossing to Preston to straighten out on the pile - my hammies are squeaking now :/

After getting cleaned up I took the crew to the local diner, the Blue Benn, for breakfast. I forgot how great the food is, and the large portions for a very fair price. I had the garden scramble with toast and homefries and was full all day.

In at noon for an easy swim:

200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM drill

kick swim pull with snorkel (used AP with swim and buoy with pull)
050 100 200
100 150 300
050 100 200

4 x 75 on 1:15 (kick, IMO fast, pull

200 easy and out
(Solo/Rec/2350 yards/50 min)
-----------------------------------

Spent the afternoon helping my daughter clean the inside and out of her car; a nice time together and her car looks great. I think the battery on my motorcycle needs to be replaced, as it is not holding a charge when I take it off the trickle charger (it's at least six years old, so probably due).

Busy day tomorrow: after practice in the morning, I'll represent my church at a community day in town (bouncy house, popcorn/snow cones/horse rides) until 4, then off to the high school track for the Relay for Life. Sunday is looking a bit less rushed, although I will be preaching at church because our pastor needs gall bladder surgery on Monday and has been in the hospital since Wednesday. My first time leading the service, and I'm following his message from last week about being a hearer and doer of the Word with some observations from Paul in Philippians 4:8-9. Now to get a key to open the front door!

Submit "Workout 06/20/14" to Digg Submit "Workout 06/20/14" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 06/20/14" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 06/20/14" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , NSR

Comments

Wow. That's a lot of bags. Is it the picture or do you have a very high ceiling in your basement. I miss my basement from when I lived in Boston. Unfortunately in Dallas we typically don't have them due to the expansive soil.
    Updated June 21st, 2014 at 07:43 PM by StewartACarroll
    That is our basement; it is not finished, about 7 feet high with a poured concrete floor. Nice and cool in the summer and a great place to store all of these pellets. I used to keep them in the garage, but dear old dad was the only one trekking out in the cold and snow to restock the stove.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    That is our basement; it is not finished, about 7 feet high with a poured concrete floor. Nice and cool in the summer and a great place to store all of these pellets. I used to keep them in the garage, but dear old dad was the only one trekking out in the cold and snow to restock the stove.
    Smart move but what else are dads for, right? I know my crowd would expect the same of me.