View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 06/21/14: morning

Rate this Entry
I had a restful nights sleep, thanks to some cooler temps and delightful evenings of late. Used some sets from a kiefer.com workout with the group today:

200 swim/100 kick/200 pull
4 x 25 build (choice)

300 Pull (every 4th lap FAST)
4 x 75 on :20sr (25 mod/25 FAST/25 mod)
4 x 50 on :20sr (focus: streamline, 2 hard strokes, cruise)
400 swim (peek halfway, neg. split) <- did IM (5:44)

2 x 30 second Vert Kick into 25 sprint then 25 easy back
12 x 25 on :30 (odds = easy, evens = fast)

200 loosen and out
(Masters/Rec/2400 yds/75 min)
------------------------------------

Nice practice today with Greg, Kevin, Rebecca, and a new face - Sheryl. She is a twice a week early morning swimmer that Rebecca recruited to practice with the team - I am very impressed with her as she did half of the sets above and did a great job!

I got home and headed to Applegate for their community day. The VT Baptists have a huge bouncy house, popcorn and snow-cone machines, cornhole-type games, and other "festival" things that can be rented out for events like this. With my pastor in the hospital, it fell to Herb and his crew to set everything up, so I helped to eat some food, man the popcorn machine, traffic control in the bouncy house, then the take-down crew. Another beautiful day and a great time to help add some fun to the celebration there, and we left man arrived with a horse to give the kids a ride.

Submit "Workout 06/21/14: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 06/21/14: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 06/21/14: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 06/21/14: morning" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments