View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 92 - Saturday pm(training camp)

Rate this Entry
I did not have as much of a gap between this mornings swim and this afternoons swim but did not really care because this was the last swim and dryland sessions of the training camp. This afternoon was just as difficult as this morning to loosen up but like this morning got going on the main set. This was by no means my best workout of the week but I gave it everything I had left and overall I had an awesome week.

Warm up
2x500 free with snorkel
6x100 build on 1:30

Main sets
4x(2x50 back on 1 min, 2x100 IM on 1:40)
6xbroken 100s, 2@25s, 2@50, 2@25,50,25 on 4mins, with 5 seconds rest at 25s, 10 seconds rest at 50s
100 easy

Warm down
8x100 perfect stroke free with snorkel on 1:40

Total 4300LCM

Due to the fact that he broken 100s were swum long course breaks at mid pool were tough spotting a clock, judging the mid point, not over shooting the mid point mark and starting without a push. This said, I was right at a minute on the first 2 and the last 2, and the ones broken at 50 which I think are a truer swims I went 58s. I hurt pretty bad on this set and felt like I was thrashing the water as opposed to a composed long stroke.

After swimming we we did dry lands.

15 mins of abs, 45 seconds on, 15 rest
6x(5 x pull ups, 10 x shoulder bands, 15 x lunges, 20 x squats)
6x(5 x streamline jumps, 10 x vasa swim bench pull-ups, 15 x dips, 20 x high knee lifts)

We are officially done with our world masters training camp. This was our last dryland and weight workout before worlds. I will likely add a couple of sessions each week until worlds dedicated to stretching. We have a transition week next week and then a 3 week taper. My first event is 4 weeks tomorrow. Can't wait!

Submit "Week 92 - Saturday pm(training camp)" to Digg Submit "Week 92 - Saturday pm(training camp)" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 92 - Saturday pm(training camp)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 92 - Saturday pm(training camp)" to Google

Updated July 5th, 2014 at 06:53 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Congrats on finishing a very very strong training week.
    It must be great to be going to worlds with a team that has a shared training experience.
    I borrowed one of your sets today. Even going scy it was pretty draining. I'm amazed you can recover and get all those sessions in this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Congrats on finishing a very very strong training week.
    It must be great to be going to worlds with a team that has a shared training experience.
    I borrowed one of your sets today. Even going scy it was pretty draining. I'm amazed you can recover and get all those sessions in this week.
    Thanks Karl. This is my third training camp in 2 years and the first I have done with the team. I can definitely say this was the most fun and rewarding camp by a mile. Having us all go through the week together was awesome. I have some terrific team mates and everyone supports everyone else. When individuals had bad days other team members helped motivate them through. It was truly awesome! I took the week off work and was beat. I am in awe of some of my team mates who did not take the week off; I don't know how they did it physically.

The session on Thursday you used was deceptively hard. Nice job.
    Wow, what an amazing week! Fantastic job, Stewart and it sounds like you put all you had into each and every day. I hope it's a good payoff for the meet. You'll do great.

Did you lose any weight during all of this? Or were you able to eat just about anything you wanted?
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    Wow, what an amazing week! Fantastic job, Stewart and it sounds like you put all you had into each and every day. I hope it's a good payoff for the meet. You'll do great.
    Thanks Kari. As I was going through the week it was tough for sure but in hindsight it was a really fun week and well worth the effort. At this point I have done all I can to get ready for worlds. Just a transition week and a good taper to go and it will be what it will be. I am optimistic I will have a good meet

Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    Did you lose any weight during all of this? Or were you able to eat just about anything you wanted?
    It seems a life time ago when I was a 225lb man embarrassed by my weight and my body just under 2 years ago. I dropped my weight very quickly to what I am today which is 180lbs. I have been lower than this but this feels like a very good weight for me(6'5" tall). I am fortunate enough to be able to eat what I want right now, although I still avoid alcohol, fatty foods and deserts. As my taper kicks in I will watch my calorific intake as I cut back on workout distances and fingers crossed will be around 180lbs in Montreal.