View RSS Feed

Questions from Coaches

Q: What can I do to encourage 100% membership in my program?

Rate this Entry
Q: What can I do to encourage 100% of the swimmers in my program to become USMS members?

A: Many programs across the country require all swimmers in their programs to be registered with U.S. Masters Swimming. Most programs allow swimmers a trial period of up to 30 consecutive days. During the trial period, coaches should explain the benefits of being a registered member of USMS and explain how a swimmer can join online.

Another option is to provide an introductory monthly fee equal to or greater than the registration fee for USMS membership and-with their permission-register the new members yourself. Make membership in USMS a benefit for your swimmers. This could be a useful tool in attracting new members and retaining existing ones. Once new members begins to see and receive the benefits of being part of a national organization, they'll be more engaged and likely to continue their participation with your program and the sport of swimming.

Submit "Q: What can I do to encourage 100% membership in my program?" to Digg Submit "Q: What can I do to encourage 100% membership in my program?" to del.icio.us Submit "Q: What can I do to encourage 100% membership in my program?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Q: What can I do to encourage 100% membership in my program?" to Google

Updated July 9th, 2014 at 04:36 PM by Bill Brenner

Categories
Uncategorized