Warmup:

600 various
3 x 50 scull
2 x 4 x 25 shooters w/fins + 50 EZ
50 EZ

Main sets:

4 x (10 x 25 w/fins @ 100 pace + 50 EZ)
R1 = back, R2 = breast, R3 = free, R4 = dolphin kick
-- I was going to entirely bag any race pace efforts for awhile, but these weren't too bad, though I did miss a couple.

300 EZ

Then I modified an aerobic set that I made Mark do last night. Naturally, I eliminated the fast 100 fly. Used :30 per 25 interval.

25 fly + 50 back + 75 breast + 100 up tempo kick
25 back + 50 breast + 75 free + 100 up tempo kick
25 breast + 50 free + 75 single arm fly + 100 up tempo kick
25 free + 50 single arm fly + 75 back + 100 up tempo kick

200 EZ

Total: 3750

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that felt harder than it should have. As I was adding up the yards in my head, I was wondering how on earth Ellen Reynolds (superstar who just aged up into my age group) does 6,000 7x per week ... Still, given the circumstances, I feel that was good enough to merit my birthday dinner at Wild Rosemary tonight. :-)

Submit "Thursday, July 10" to Digg Submit "Thursday, July 10" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, July 10" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, July 10" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Happy birthday and enjoy wild rosemary...That's my neighborhood joint! When you can get reservations.
    Quote Originally Posted by magick17
    Happy birthday and enjoy wild rosemary...That's my neighborhood joint! When you can get reservations.
    Unless you're going during the week, it takes 3-4 months!
    we haven't heard yet but i heard it was great. tell me about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    we haven't heard yet but i heard it was great. tell me about it
    It's a little hole in the wall joint. But the food is very good. It's a BYOB. We had to wait until Nov. 22 to get a Saturday night reservation ...