View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 07/10/14: OW evening

Rate this Entry
Wow, back to back OW dips! After last night's most excellent adventure in the Berkshires, I met with Greg and Melissa at Lake Paran closer to home. The water was in the low 70 's with some very refreshing cold spots. We did two loops near the boat launch on the south side of the lake before Melissa headed home, then Greg and I investigated the weeds in the middle. I logged 1.15 relaxed miles in just over 50 minutes.

Submit "Workout 07/10/14: OW evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 07/10/14: OW evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 07/10/14: OW evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 07/10/14: OW evening" to Google

Updated July 10th, 2014 at 10:58 PM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts , Open Water

Comments

Might bring a weed whacker along next time. Nice swim, though - glad I made it. And your outing yesterday looked very cool!
    Or maybe we can dredge some blades behind us and really clear a path!
    That looks like a beautiful place to train.
    Now I know why that moon hanging over the lake looked so plump:
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/10/world/...html?hpt=hp_c3
    Thanks pwb - there are no motors allowed on the lake and we can carve a path away from folks in canoes or kayaks, or those fishing from the shore. The only downfall is the increase in weeds as the summer gets warmer.

Greg - two more super moons coming! The lunar exposure is beautiful tonight over b-town