View RSS Feed

Questions from Coaches

Club of the Year awards

Rate this Entry
by , February 15th, 2013 at 12:00 AM (362 Views)
Q: How do I nominate my club for the USMS Club of the Year award? How long does it take to complete the application?

A: USMS presents two Club of the Year awards each year at the annual USAS convention: one to a regional club and one to a local club. Submission forms for both are posted on the Awards page at usms.org.

Any USMS club, or its LMSC, can nominate a club for the award. The application consists of a two-page questionnaire and a one-page letter of recommendation. Ray Novitske, chairman of the Recognition and Awards Committee, states, "In each letter of recommendation, we're looking for the intangibles not communicated in the application form ... those special qualities, stories, events, or purposes that set a club apart from others, but are not easily conveyed in the factual data of the application."

Once you've decided to nominate your club, I recommend you assemble a group of club leaders to complete the submission form and draft the letter of recommendation. The process of gathering the required information builds team unity by addressing the strengths of the organization as well as those areas needing more attention. Once you and your club leaders have gathered the required information for the application, it should only take about a half-hour to complete.

Submit "Club of the Year awards" to Digg Submit "Club of the Year awards" to del.icio.us Submit "Club of the Year awards" to StumbleUpon Submit "Club of the Year awards" to Google

Updated April 12th, 2017 at 09:27 AM by Bill Brenner

Tags: club awards
Categories
Uncategorized