View RSS Feed

Questions from Coaches

How can I learn and teach the Masters lingo?

Rate this Entry
Q: I recently registered my fitness swim program as a new club with USMS. Since adding my program's information in the Places to Swim page, I've had quite a few new members join. The problem is, I'm not a coach, and my original members don't understand the vocabulary and etiquette that Masters swimmers seem to possess. Is there a resource I can give them to bring them up to speed?

A: Congratulations on joining USMS! Although Masters swimmers seem to have a language all their own, it's not too complicated to learn once you integrate it into your daily practices. Jim Harper wrote a Masters 101 series of eight articles in 2012 that explains our language and proper etiquette. Please refer your swimmers to these articles or print copies and hand them out or post them at the pool. Either way, take some time to review the information as a group. USMS values education and this is a fun way for all your participants to learn something new.

Submit "How can I learn and teach the Masters lingo?" to Digg Submit "How can I learn and teach the Masters lingo?" to del.icio.us Submit "How can I learn and teach the Masters lingo?" to StumbleUpon Submit "How can I learn and teach the Masters lingo?" to Google

Tags: education
Categories
Uncategorized