View RSS Feed

Questions from Coaches

How do I register a new USMS program?

Rate this Entry
by , December 15th, 2012 at 12:00 AM (261 Views)
Q: How do I register a new USMS program?

A: To register a new USMS club, you must complete a paper registration form and submit it to the registrar in your LMSC. The USMS fee to register a club is $30, plus any additional fees the LMSC may impose. If your LMSC has a regional club, you may choose to become a workout group of that club, rather than a standalone club. Here are the steps:

• To determine which LMSC your program is located in, go to usms.org and hover over the "Local Programs" tab.
  • Select "LMSC Info" and you'll find an interactive map with LMSC boundaries.
  • Click on your geographic area and you'll be directed to that LMSC's page, where you'll find contact information for your LMSC officers.
  • Contact your LMSC registrar and request a copy of the club registration form.
  • Once you've completed the form, attach the required payment and mail it to your LMSC registrar.
  • The registrar will assist you with selecting a name for your program and its three- or four-letter/number abbreviation.
  • After the club registration is complete, your athletes will be able to select your club when they register for individual USMS membership.

If you need additional assistance, Club and Coach Services can help! Contact me directly at the above email or call 941-556-6278. Don't forget to check out our Program Resources page and our "Building a Successful Swim Program" guide.

Submit "How do I register a new USMS program?" to Digg Submit "How do I register a new USMS program?" to del.icio.us Submit "How do I register a new USMS program?" to StumbleUpon Submit "How do I register a new USMS program?" to Google

Updated July 6th, 2015 at 12:39 PM by Bill Brenner

Categories
Uncategorized