View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 93 - Saturday

Rate this Entry
The regional championship meet is being held at our pool so this affected our workout slightly this morning. We normally swim at 7am on a Saturday but had to start at 6:30am and we had lots of kids shuffling around at 7:30am so we had to get out pretty quick.

My my daughter is swimming at the champs meet and it's been fun again to see her drop more time on everything she has swum so far. I am so excited that she is having fun. Despite missing her goal to qualify for TAGS on the 200IM last night she dropped another 4 seconds and missed the cut by about a second. When you consider she has knocked about 25 seconds off her 200IM this season it's hard to be anything other than very proud and I keep telling how proud i am of her.

Todays workout was a mix of speed related sets and I again am feeling pretty good.

Warmup
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 1min

main sets
4x(50 fast on 35, 50 fast on 1min, 100 easy on 1:40)
16x50 kick on 1min
8x100 on 2mins swim as 25fast,25easy,25build,25 fast

warm down
3x300 with snorkel easy perfect stroke

Total 4000LCM

i was holding 30-31 on the fast 50s and felt pretty good and strong. The kick I was holding 47-50s. The 100s were really fun and felt strong and smooth on the fast portions. I was coming in under 1:10 on all of these so felt really good about this set. The 300s I felt smooth.

We did our last dryland after practice and I hit this very hard. We did 3 rounds of(5mins of Abs(crunches, leg extension, planks, v sits, one arm one leg planks) done as 45 secs on, 15 secs rest, 5mins of vasa swim trainer).

Submit "Week 93 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Week 93 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 93 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 93 - Saturday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Let me know how Abi does! She is a great kid and a great swimmer (I wonder where she gets that from)!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Let me know how Abi does! She is a great kid and a great swimmer (I wonder where she gets that from)!
    Thanks Nikki. I texted you how she did. I suspect all Dads are proud of their kids but I am very lucky with both of mine. They are both awesome children.