View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 07/14/14: evening

Rate this Entry
After a busy weekend of work and then activities at church, I was happy to get out of work early today and rest a bit at home before a swim this evening. The pool was a bit crowded so I was not able to get in what I had planned, but I was able to do ...

200 Fr/200 IM drill
200 kick

2 x
- 4 x (3 x 25 on traffic:, as sprint, sprint, easy, the 2 fast IMO)
- 200 Pull with buoy fast

200 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/1800 yds/40 min)
--------------------------------

I was able to get a 2 mile jog in on Saturday night, and I have been a little sore from the open water adventures last week. I'm looking forward to the Baystate Games this coming weekend at Springfield College in Mass. I am signed up for just Saturday, doing:
400 Free
400 IM
100 Back
50 Free

Out to be an interesting day, befitting my first ever LCM meet. I haven't been very consistent with training over the past few months (and haven't been in a long course pool since last summer), but I am looking forward to the challenge of LCM! The 400 free swims around noon, and then the rest of the meet starts at 4:30 - I plan to use the 400 IM as an extended cooldown/warmup before the 100 back.

Edit: found the psyche sheets here.

Submit "Workout 07/14/14: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 07/14/14: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 07/14/14: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 07/14/14: evening" to Google

Updated July 14th, 2014 at 09:34 PM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts , Planning

Comments

Good luck at your meet. Swim fast and have fun.
    my first ever LCM meet.
    First ever, man you have been deprived! There is nothing like racing in LCM. Of course, I hate turns. The less walls, the better in my book.
    Yea I like LCM meets too, prefer swimming LCM whenever I can. I also hate turns.

The 400 should be a great event for you. Good luck!
    Thanks for the encouragement, guys! I am looking forward to a new swimming adventure, and the opportunity to achieve masters best times