View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 94 - Friday

Rate this Entry
My parents arrived from the UK yesterday for a 6 week stay,including our 2 week trip to Canada for worlds followed by a short vacation to Quebec City.They were jet lagged so after catching up and having dinner they went to bedpretty early and I took the opportunity to get another early night’ssleep. Surprisingly I slept through thenight and woke up about 5 minutes before my alarm was due to go off. I feltpretty good today and I am getting stronger and faster as the rest kicksin. I definitely feel good relative tohow I usually feel at this phase of the taper.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 drill on :50

Main sets
12x50 drill build by 25 on 1min
4x(broken 100 on 3mins, 2x50 kick on 1min, 1min rest
#1 and #3broken at 25,50,25
#2 and #4broken at 50,50
With 5 seconds after 25s and 10seconds after 50)
8x100 on 1:30 perfect easy swim
2x200 kick on 3mins with fins
50 AFAP from a dive

Warm down
200 easy

Total 3550LCM

Broken 100s long course are always hard. #1 and #3 were especially hard due to thechallenge with hitting the mid point of the pool, spotting the clock, startingwith no push, etc. Despite thesechallenges I had a good set, and was about 1:02 on #1 and #3 and was 1min on #2and #4 which I think are fairer reflections of a 100. I felt strong throughout. The 8x100s I swameasy and came in on 1:18-1:20. The 50from the blocks we raced and it was a lot of fun. We are going to have a reallyquick mens relay at worlds with 4 of us under 27’s and 2 of us likely to be around25(or faster I hope). I had a great start and break out and was ahead of thegroup and held good form the entire 50. The only thing I think I would have done different in a race was to holdmy breath, instead of breathing 3-4 times. I looked up and saw a 26high which I was very surprised and pleasedwith. 17 days to go!

Submit "Week 94 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 94 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 94 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 94 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

i like that main set. i'm going to steal it if you don't mind.
    Nice workout today! Tell your mom hi for me! Can't believe it's around the corner! You are going to have a great meet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    i like that main set. i'm going to steal it if you don't mind.
    Feel free. It was tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Nice workout today! Tell your mom hi for me! Can't believe it's around the corner! You are going to have a great meet!
    she said to say it's nice to be back. I think we are all excited. Nice workout today.