View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 94 - Saturday

Rate this Entry
I had yet another great nights sleep. 3 in a row is rare for me! Today's workout was race based and was a lot of fast fun. When Tom told me meet warmup I did not know what to expect. My brain went through a list of really painful things we could be doing and when I heard the main set my heart initially sunk. It was very hard don't get me wrong but as usual not nearly as hard as my brain was telling me it would be; isn't that usually the way.

Warm up
800 free with snorkel
8x50 build on 1min
8x25 open, close, easy, fast by 25 on :40

Main set
5x100 with fins from the blocks on 5mins AFAP
with a 100 easy after the 100.

Warm down
300 easy

total 2900LCM

i felt good on the build 50s going 33-35. In particular my stroke felt long today. I seemed to be able to catch and feel the water much more than usual. On the 100s I did not know what to expect and to my surprise I went 51,51 on the first two 100s. On number 3 I was flying and had a great 50, only for my right fin to come off on the turn. On the last two I went 51, 50. My legs were hurting and obviously my lungs too but I really felt good and on top of the water and did not feel like I died at all. I was really pleased with this set.

After swim workout we did we did our last dryland abs workout before worlds, consisting of 10minutes split into two rounds of crunches, leg lift, planks, v sits and one arm one leg planks. We did 45 seconds on and 15 seconds off. These burned pretty good today. We are now officially in full taper. This was the first workout under 3k and we are done with weights(2 weeks ago) and abs and drylands. 15 days til the 800m free.

Now I am off to watch my daughter try to get her last BB or faster time in the 10and under age group with the 100 fly. This was one of her goals for the year and she has everything else so fingers crossed she will get her fly time.

---

I just got got back from my daughters meet and she dropped 20 seconds on her 100yd fly. She went from having a B time in the 10 and unders to just missing her AA time. She is very happy.

Submit "Week 94 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Week 94 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 94 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 94 - Saturday" to Google

Updated July 19th, 2014 at 02:57 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I just got got back from my daughters meet and she dropped 20 seconds on her 100yd fly. She went from having a B time in the 10 and unders to just missing her AA time. She is very happy.
    Gotta love 10 year olds! Way to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Gotta love 10 year olds! Way to go!
    Thanks Patrick. She is very excited to have achieved her goal.