4 rounds w/fins of:
1 x 50 back @ 200 pace, UW 15 m each length @ 1:00
1 x 50 back @ 100 pace, UW 15 m each length @ 1:00
1 x 25 AFAP dolphin kick w/board (11s) @ :30
1 x 50 EZ @ 1:00
4 x 25 shooters @ :45
1 x 25 EZ @ :30
1 x 100 free w/paddles @ 2:30

I started off too fast in round one with a 26/24 on the backstrokes and then suffered through the shooters. The next round I went up to 28/26 and the last two were 27/25.

300 EZ

12 x 50 @ 1:00
odds = dolphin kick on back @ 100 pace
evens = EZ

150 EZ

Total: 4100

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel like I've bounced back more quickly than I thought from the long break. I'm almost wishing I had entered a couple of events the first two days of nationals before we head to the beach (though I still have a healthy respect for long course!) Oh well, live and learn. I'll be down there anyway to see friends and hopefully watch Teen Fort. Her shoulder is still really bothering her, but the MRI showed no tear.

Submit "Monday, July 21" to Digg Submit "Monday, July 21" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, July 21" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, July 21" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Glad to hear there's not another tear for Teen Fort!

And didn't I try to tell you that you'd be okay for a 50 or two, even after a couple of weeks in Europe?
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmieAvsFan
    Glad to hear there's not another tear for Teen Fort!

And didn't I try to tell you that you'd be okay for a 50 or two, even after a couple of weeks in Europe?
    You did, but I'm skairt of long course! I always die on 50s. And I haven't done any sprint conditioning work yet ...
    Updated July 21st, 2014 at 09:56 PM by The Fortress
    You seem to be putting in a lot more yardage lately. Is there a method to your madness?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    You seem to be putting in a lot more yardage lately. Is there a method to your madness?
    I'm trying to do a little more aerobic work than usual this summer. I'm generally in terrible aerobic shape. I'll switch back more to speed in September. I'll never put up the yardage you do!