View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 95 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
I had to travel to Montgomery Alabama with work yesterday and it was a long day. I got to the house around 9pm and after eating and cooling off I did not get to bed until 10pm which is late for me. In fact I don't recall the last time I was still awake at 10pm. It's rare. Anyhow, I had a good nights sleep and felt much better this morning than yesterday morning. Fingers crossed I will have a good week. I am heading to Austin and San Antonio for work today and tomorrow and then to cheer my daughter and her teammates at TAGS on Friday through Sunday. I plan on swimming with Mr Unruh at Nitro but I am under strict orders from my coach on total meters to swim and the amount of intensity. Mr Unruh and I tend to enjoy racing each other and if we are not careful limbs could be floating in the pool at the end of practice; I can't wait.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on :50

Main sets
8x100 on 1:40 swum as 50 back, 50 free
3x(200 build by 50 on 3 mins, 4x50 on 1min swum as 2x(12.5 fast, 12.5 easy))

Warm down
400 easy

Total 3100LCM

nothing really to document other than the build 200s where I descended and went 2:24,2:22,2:20. I was on average 4 seconds quicker on the second 100 than the first. I felt long and strong on these.

Submit "Week 95 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 95 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 95 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 95 - Wednesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Have a great trip! Hope you made your flight. Tell Abi good luck at tags.
    After all that rushing this morning my plane is still at Love Field delayed due to mechanical problems. What a pain! I will pass along your best wishes to Miss Abi. She is pretty excited. They had the pre TAGS team party yesterday and she got a goodie bag including a TAGS shirt and team swim cap. It's amazing how big a deal it is for the little kids to get the tags swim cap. Big bragging rights I guess. Thanks for the message. Have a good week.
    You and Steve can each share your tales of taper woes as you get ready for Montreal. For us 45+ guys, though, we'd ask you to push him a little extra hard to tire him out
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    You and Steve can each share your tales of taper woes as you get ready for Montreal. For us 45+ guys, though, we'd ask you to push him a little extra hard to tire him out
    Both arms are still attached at the shoulders although I have two more shots tomorrow and Saturday. We both backed off due to the taper but it was still a lot of fun.