View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 96 - Monday

Rate this Entry
I slept heavy last night and despite waking twice I felt pretty good when I woke for practice. I got a text from my coach that he made it back forms TAGS at 1am and would not be on deck this morning. Instead he texted me the workout which was mainly easy aerobic sets.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup drill on 1min

main sets
6x100 kick on 2:20 descend 1-3,4-6
4x200 descend 1-4 on 3mins
8x50 drill swim by 25 on 1:10
8x25 open,close,easy,fast on :45

warm down
100 double arm back

Total 2800LCM

The kick felt pretty strong and was going 1:45,1:40,1:35 on the descends. The first 2x200s I pulled(no paddles) and the last two I swam. I was 2:37,2:33,2:28,2:24 on these and felt ok(strong but not easy). The open,close and fast I upped the temp a little holding 15 on the fast and 16-17s on the open and close 25s. Less than one week to go now. I swim around 4:30pm next Sunday in the third fastest heat of the 800(based on entry times). This is late for me but by the looks of things this will be my latest swim. Can't wait.

Submit "Week 96 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 96 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 96 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 96 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I"m so excited for you and can't wait to follow how you do. You've done a fantastic job of busting butt all the way up to taper, then letting yourself relax. Great job, Stewart.
    Sounds to me like you're right on schedule. I'll definitely be watching the results next Sunday!
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    I"m so excited for you and can't wait to follow how you do. You've done a fantastic job of busting butt all the way up to taper, then letting yourself relax. Great job, Stewart.
    Thanks Kari. I am definately more relaxed about this than my last taper. I dont know why, but I am. I am really looking forward to the week of swimming. My parents, wife and kids are going to be there watching so that will be fun. I also am part of a team which will also be great fun. All around I have enjoyed the journey, Thanks for all the support and I will post each day no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Sounds to me like you're right on schedule. I'll definitely be watching the results next Sunday!
    Thanks Kirk. Fingers crossed I will have a great meet.
    Stewart, You are MORE than ready for it. I am looking forward to seeing your results.

Speaking of that, it appears that the results will be on the website, but do you know if they will have them on the Meet Mobile app?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Stewart, You are MORE than ready for it. I am looking forward to seeing your results.

Speaking of that, it appears that the results will be on the website, but do you know if they will have them on the Meet Mobile app?
    thanks Patrick. I am feeling good about where I am right now.

The meet result is being posted live on an app called SplashMe. I don't know why and have not used it. Apparently there is a cost for the app so I doubt I will download it. There is also no live video feed either unfortunately.