View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tuesday, July 29

Rate this Entry
Swim/SCY/Solo

Warm up:


600 various
100 scull
100 fly drills
4 x 25 shooters
100 EZ

Main sets:

8 x 25 burst SDK + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

3 rounds of:
10 x 25 fly w/fins @ 100 pace @ :40
100 EZ

150 EZ

4 rounds, hypoxic set
4 x 25 w/fins @ :30, UW 20 y
1 x 50 EZ

100 EZ

3 rounds:
1 x 100 back smooth @ 1:30
1 x 50 fast dolphin kick on back @ 1:00
1 x 50 EZ @ 1:00
1 x 25 fast dolphin kick w/board @ :30
1 x 25 EZ @ :30

100 EZ

Total: 4050


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was really tired after my killer workout yesterday. Despite tons of sleep, I woke up tired. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do a real quality workout today, but it went pretty well. The 25 flys at 100 pace felt strong, some were faster than 100 pace. Oddly, I spent all last year dreading doing a 100 fly (and loafed it at zones) and now I'm kind of looking forward to it this year.

I was pondering my meet schedule this year. I think I'll kick it off with the Rowdy Gaines SCM Classic in Florida. This meet usually conflicts with the Sprint Classic at Mason, but it's earlier this year -- Oct. 10-12. The Sprint Classic is Oct 26.

Submit "Tuesday, July 29" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, July 29" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, July 29" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, July 29" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

  1. Water Rat's Avatar
    I like the Rowdy meet. two full days. plenty of time between events, especially if one tends to scratch events.
    just reading your workout yesterday made me exhausted
  2. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I like the Rowdy meet. two full days. plenty of time between events, especially if one tends to scratch events.
    just reading your workout yesterday made me exhausted
    Do you remember how long the days lasted at the Rowdy meet?
  3. pwb's Avatar
    Enjoy the Rowdy meet. I won't get there (again) this year; I'm waiting for the year when it falls at the start of my kids' fall break so I can convince the family to do a vacay in Florida after the meet.
  4. Water Rat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Do you remember how long the days lasted at the Rowdy meet?
    I don't recall exactly but I would estimate the actual racing time (excluding warmups) was in the 4-5 hour range easily. It's over two days and they separate men from women. all in one pool.
  5. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I don't recall exactly but I would estimate the actual racing time (excluding warmups) was in the 4-5 hour range easily. It's over two days and they separate men from women. all in one pool.
    Which isn't really all that much with the distance events first ...