View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 96 - Friday

Rate this Entry
We had a team dinner last night which was a lot of fun. Swimmers plus immediate families. We had a nice Italian dinner with lots of laughing and joking. As a team we are going to have a lot of fun.

This is morning we again swum scy, it sort of sucks getting so much lcm in and then the week before the meet we switch back to scy but it is what it is. This morning I did a meet warmup and then I worked on 3x100s to my feet at 1000yard/800m pace.

400 free
6x50 catchup on :50
8x50 kick on 1:10
4x50 build on 1min
3x100 at 1000/800 pace with 20 seconds rest
200 easy
4 relay starts(2 medley and 2 free)

total 1800scy

On the build 50s I was a very easy 30. On the 3x100s I was 58,59,59 which are great splits but they were not as easy as I would have liked. I can't have it all my way I guess. There was a great energy this morning with everyone excited about next week.

I am heading to the airport this morning around 11am and will grab lunch at the airport before we fly up to Montreal. My self and one of my team mates Bill are the first of our team to arrive with others arriving throughout the week. We are going to try to grab a team dinner next Thursday before people start heading home which again should be a lot of fun. It's hard to believe worlds start on sunday.

Submit "Week 96 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 96 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 96 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 96 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

You're so lucky you have teammates there!

On the upside, switching to SCY is good during taper because it's less arduous.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    You're so lucky you have teammates there!

On the upside, switching to SCY is good during taper because it's less arduous.
    to be honest it's one of the most exciting parts of this competition. I have a great team and some terrific friends and that's going to make this meet very special. The other part is the extended families we all have here. With 10 swimmers we will have about 40 in our party.

This is week was lots of ups and downs but it will all be worth it. I swam LCM this morning and it felt good. I am looking forward to the meet.