explosive leg extensions, 105 x 3 x 15
explosive leg press, 175 x 3 x 15
good mornings, 75 x 3 x 8, 80 x 1 x 8
face pulls, 70 x 3 x 25
overhead squats, 405 x 3 x 8

Treadmill, 2 miles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday:

We drove Lil Fort to her first away camp today. She's there for two weeks. I really miss not being able to even contact her. But she should have fun with a couple of her best friends there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday: Swim/LCM @ North Park

Warm up:

600 various
4 x (25 scull + 25 free) w/paddles
4 x (25 shooter + 25 EZ)
50 EZ

Main Sets:

10 x 100 w/fins @ around :20 rest
odds = free w/paddles
evens = backstroke kick
50 EZ

5 x 50 fly w/fins smooth + 50 EZ
50 EZ

5 x 50 breast + 50 EZ
50 EZ

10 x 50 free w/paddles @ 200ish pace
100 EZ

Total: 3800 m

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally made it out to North Park today. It's quite a trek from Mt. Lebanon. I forgot to bring a kick board and an ironman watch. It's a bit of a challenge to swim there without pace clocks, backstroke flags, etc. The lines on the bottom of the pool and wall are also very faint. With a bit of a current, I was all over the place in the lane. I didn't even attempt any backstroke. Kind of a garbage yardage day for me, but it might have the residual benefit of some arm endurance. My shoulders are a bit tired from 1000 meters with paddles.

I heard from Mark/Water Rat and he PR'd his 100 free. Looks like Stewart had a great race too. It seems like they're taking an insanely long time to post results. The first event for the women isn't even up yet.

Submit "Sat & Mon, Aug. 2-4" to Digg Submit "Sat & Mon, Aug. 2-4" to del.icio.us Submit "Sat & Mon, Aug. 2-4" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sat & Mon, Aug. 2-4" to Google

Updated August 4th, 2014 at 03:57 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

Are you changing your focus to longer? You've really been racking up the distance lately. You should think of doing the 5k o/w with me in PA on 8/24.

I have just a normal stopwatch that I keep in a Ziplock freezer bag in my swimming bag. If I'm at a pool that doesn't have a pace clock, I leave it on deck (use a flip flop or something to prop it up). Or when I've done my longer swims, I use it to time, since I can never seem to remember when I leave, with an analog clock at least.

Glad to hear that Mark did well in his 100! Hope to see a post about it. It makes me think of sitting near him at that BU meet last year, watching what he goes through in his pre/post event stuff. Are you watching his dog while they're out of town?
    It is ridiculous that they don't have World's up on Meet Mobile or a real-time results site. Heck, they should have a live stream going in this day and age.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Glad to hear that Mark did well in his 100! Hope to see a post about it. It makes me think of sitting near him at that BU meet last year, watching what he goes through in his pre/post event stuff. Are you watching his dog while they're out of town?
    its pathetic isn't it. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    It is ridiculous that they don't have World's up on Meet Mobile or a real-time results site. Heck, they should have a live stream going in this day and age.
    It's called SplashMe and it's terrible!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Are you changing your focus to longer? You've really been racking up the distance lately. You should think of doing the 5k o/w with me in PA on 8/24.

I have just a normal stopwatch that I keep in a Ziplock freezer bag in my swimming bag. If I'm at a pool that doesn't have a pace clock, I leave it on deck (use a flip flop or something to prop it up). Or when I've done my longer swims, I use it to time, since I can never seem to remember when I leave, with an analog clock at least.

No not changing focus, just taking some time to work more on 100s than 50s.

Are you saying Mark is a basket case?! heehee. He is one of the only people who would say a PR is "definitely disappointing." I think he will like that time next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Exactly. It's just awful, and frustrating for the many many masters swimmers who would like to follow the meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    its pathetic isn't it. Lol
    It's the actor side of you that creates meet drama. It can work for or against you depending on the circumstances. You had a great day 1; you really did. You should have a smile on your face after 2 PRs and bling.