View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Worlds day2

Rate this Entry
I had a great nights sleep and felt good this morning. I had a big breakfast with my family knowing I would not be eating until after my 100free. My swim was supposed to be at 1:20pm but like yesterday the meet was running slow which unfortunately I did not find out until I arrived at the pool. We also found out the women who were in the temp pool were even further behind.

Unlike yesterday where we had some clouds today was incredibly bright and warm. If I did not know where I was I would have said we were in Texas. It was hot!!! I found a cool spot in side the main stone building which was cool compared to outside in the tent. I know. Mark Cox and his group found shade outside the pool area under the trees and this May have been the really smart move.

The biggest challenge which I had not really anticipated was the warmup or lack there of. The facilities are really very good but I just did not think about the difficulty associated with so many swimmers warming up at the same time. After my 800 I was very stiff and a little sore and struggled to loosen up today.

I felt like I hung out for a long time before my race today and then when it was time to head to the marshaling area it went incredibly quickly and as fast as I could muster I had no time behind the block before my race. I was in lane 0 which meant coming back I did not see anyone because I breath left. I felt like I had a good start but almost immediately felt very heavy and this feeling never left. The good thing was the guy next to me was level with me. After the turn I tried picking up my tempo but just had nothing today. My arms and legs hurt really bad at the end of this one. My time was 56.4 which is much slower than I thought I would swim and my splits were pretty rough. I guess the 800 took a lot more out of me than I anticipated. I am by no means upset(how can you when you place 7th at worlds) but I do need to take a step back and decide what to do in terms of my remaining events.

After an attempt at a longer warm down I grabbed some late lunch and headed to the jacuzzi in the hotel and let bubbles work on my legs. I am feeling much better but still have heavy legs. My coach arrives in a couple of hours and will speak with him about tomorrow and Wednesday.

Submit "Worlds day2" to Digg Submit "Worlds day2" to del.icio.us Submit "Worlds day2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Worlds day2" to Google

Comments

56.4 sounds fast to me! It's got to be difficult sitting around in the heat for hours. That can really take it out of you. Hope you feel better in the water tomorrow!
    56.4 is very fast!!!

To this sprinter, it seems very hard to race and train such disparate distances. I'm sure the 800 did do a little damage. Hurray for the hottub!
    56.4 is super fast. I've definitely learned how important warm down is for me. Even more so than warm up. See you tomorrow.
    Thanks guys. My goal was top 3 which I thought would be right at 55 so it was a little disappointing time wise. My 100s in practice have been great so thought I was ready to go 55 low. More disappointing than the time it was how I felt right from the blocks. I was anticipating pain but I hurt almost instantly from the block. Heavy arms and legs. I tried using the hot tub and even got up really early to warm up properly today to see if I can loosen the arms and legs. My legs are feeling a little better so if I can get the arms to the same place life will be good again. Despite how I feel I am really enjoying this meet with my team and like I said a few weeks ago it will be what it will be.