View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Worlds day4

Rate this Entry
My family went out for dinner with one of my friends and his family and had an awesome time. It really was one of those special times that I will treasure for a long long time. My friends parents are of similar age to my parents, we are similar ages and his kid and my kids are similar ages. Three generations all having an absolute blast. There was lots of great conversation, jokes, and laughing all evening. Really a special dinner.

This morning I again got up early and headed over to the pool nice and early so I could swim a decent warmup in. Once again I felt pretty good in the pool and felt much looser than I did after the 100. Thank goodness. After yesterday's massage I made another appointment for later today so fingers crossed I will feel even better tomorrow.

Today I had the 50 free which is my most relaxed non event event. I felt good about how I was going to perform. When my heat was called I was surprised at how big the guys were who I was swimming against. I now know how mr unruh feels when he swims against me! I am usually one of the tallest guys but today there were some absolutely enormous guys in my heat. I was in lane zero with a scratch in lane 1 so I had clear water and no one to look at or race against. I had a slow start but after I surfaced I felt really good and as I started to feel the burn in the final 10 the wall came pretty quick. My game plan was to breath once but ended up breathing twice. I hit the finish well and was pleased with my time of 25.35. I had hoped to be sub 25 but with the start I will take it. I am looking forward to the relay tomorrow because I will have a second shot at sub 25. I just found out that the time placed me 5th in the 50 free and I am very excited about this one since it was completely unexpected.

I have my massage at 4:30pm so fingers crossed I will be nice and relaxed tomorrow for relays. I am leading off both the free relay and the medley relay tomorrow and need to remember to count my strokes in the main pool from the flags(note to self).

Submit "Worlds day4" to Digg Submit "Worlds day4" to del.icio.us Submit "Worlds day4" to StumbleUpon Submit "Worlds day4" to Google

Comments

You are killing it, Stewart! Sounds like a great trip all around.
    That is fantastic! And you thought you might not have the raw speed to crack the top ten! Bravo!

I am very jealous over your family/team situation. It really does sound like so much fun, and nice to have a support system.
    Nice job sprinter!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Nice job sprinter!
    Thanks Kirk, thats a first for me. I have never been called one of those before.

I guess at some point I should decide what I really am. That's the challenge with a mid d swimmer. I can swim up and down, making for a very long free program.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    You are killing it, Stewart! Sounds like a great trip all around.
    Thanks Ellen. I am having fun with my family and friends. The meet is very different from anything I have swum previously. The meet is pretty much a zoo with ll the people but it's been great fun. The weather has been awesome. I would definitely do the meet again and would recommend it to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    That is fantastic! And you thought you might not have the raw speed to crack the top ten! Bravo!

I am very jealous over your family/team situation. It really does sound like so much fun, and nice to have a support system.
    Thanks Leslie.

Now that other members of our team have experienced the whole team atmosphere we plan on building on the experience. We have even discussed having a team party when we get home to share photos and stories about the city, discuss the meet and share experiences with others on our team who did not make this one. Since spring nationals are in San Antonio I think we may be able to double our team size for that meet. The nice thing about this meet is that we have a mix of ages, genders and abilities and so far everyone has had fun so my hope is we can get others involved based on different people taking different things from the meet.

I am am particularly excited about the relays tomorrow. We have a mixed medley and free relay and a men's medley and free relay. Tomorrow will be a long day but a lot of fun.
    You're getting better each day, from my perspective. That's great, great speed on the 50. Take that relaxed feeling into your 400.
    It sounds like you are having a great time, while also swimming really fast. Good luck with the 400!
    Stewart once again we missed each other yesterday. My massage was at 4! I had Patricia and she was great but I needed 2 hours to recover from it before my breaststroke

Great meet for you. I'm going to consider a bit more of a build in my 50 so I can finish strong instead of fading.
    SQueeeee!! I'm so excited for you to go so fast and be with the big dawgs. Congratulations. Keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    You're getting better each day, from my perspective. That's great, great speed on the 50. Take that relaxed feeling into your 400.
    Thanks Patrick. I have felt progressively better each day since the 800. I was pleasantly surprised by the 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs
    It sounds like you are having a great time, while also swimming really fast. Good luck with the 400!
    i would definitely highly recommend this meet despite the zoo that is the warmup pool. Despite the challenge of a warmup I have found it to be an awesome experience. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Stewart once again we missed each other yesterday. My massage was at 4! I had Patricia and she was great but I needed 2 hours to recover from it before my breaststroke

Great meet for you. I'm going to consider a bit more of a build in my 50 so I can finish strong instead of fading.
    Well the massage obviously worked and I am so pleased for you. You deserve the success you achieved. I think you are doing everything to do a great 50-200. It may just be me, but I would not think about pacing a 50. It is most definitely a full out sprint. I think some of those aerobic sets with little rest done over an extended period will help. For what it's worth you looked great.
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    SQueeeee!! I'm so excited for you to go so fast and be with the big dawgs. Congratulations. Keep up the great work!
    Thanks so much. It's been a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Well the massage obviously worked and I am so pleased for you. You deserve the success you achieved. I think you are doing everything to do a great 50-200. It may just be me, but I would not think about pacing a 50. It is most definitely a full out sprint. I think some of those aerobic sets with little rest done over an extended period will help. For what it's worth you looked great.
    The one time that I tried to build a 50 in long course, I was .7 slower than I went in the same event a day earlier. So locking up on the final 10 meters, awful as it was, was still faster.

You both had great meets and good luck in the upcoming 400 Stewart!