View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Worlds day5

Rate this Entry
Today was relay day. We had a lot of fun throughout the whole day. I had a good nights sleep and woke early to head over for a good non crowded warmup with one of my teammates. I felt pretty decent during the warmup and actually as the day went on I felt better and better.

First up today was our mixed relay team. Our team did awesome getting into two really good races and all the team members swam awesome. On the free relays our lead off went under 30 for the first time and our anchor caught two teams in the final 5 meters. The whole team had great fun and it was awesome cheering and watching my team mates.

This is afternoon we had the men's free and medley relays. I was lead off on both relays. We had a great time despite a significant delay due to lightening. Both relays ended up 4th just missing the free bronze by .01. I was 25.10 on the lead off of the free relay and 30.01 on the back. I had a much better start and break out on the free but again missed my goal time by .11. I so wanted to see 24.99 or faster. I was very pleased with the swim since it's was .25 faster than my individual 50. On the back I had a quick start but went very deep. I dolphin kicked but was concerned I was heading to the yellow marker and decided to come up but my first stroke I was still under water and came to a complete stop. I still picked it up and had a decent 50 but I know I was so capable of going a second faster on the back. We missed bronze by a second so I felt a little guilty on this one. On a positive note I think I will have to consider some more back events since I seem to have some very easy speed at this event and earlier this summer I had an awesome in season 200 back.

Despite just oust missing out on medals my teammates and I had an absolute blast. It was a lot of fun.

This is evening we had a team dinner with a few guests. We had a few swimmers from the uk coast guard who are friends of one of my team mates and Steve Unruh and his family. It was a lot of fun. Most of my team mates are done with the meet so they stuck around and no doubt are partying pretty hard this evening. Three or four of us have events tomorrow and Saturday so the group split around 10pm. I have an off day tomorrow and plan on sleeping in followed by the kids going to six flags.

Submit "Worlds day5" to Digg Submit "Worlds day5" to del.icio.us Submit "Worlds day5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Worlds day5" to Google

Comments

Good luck Stewart in the 400 but please, please please stay off your feet in 6 Flags. Take it from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Good luck Stewart in the 400 but please, please please stay off your feet in 6 Flags. Take it from me.
    My wife and several of the other parents took the kids to six flags and I watched friends swim instead. My legs felt tired just walking over to the pool and back so I dread to think what I would have been like going to six flags. They were there 5 hours and went on 3 rides. What a rip off! The lines were 1-1.5 long but the kids did have fun.

I felt great in the water yesterday so fingers crossed that's translates into a great 400 today. Can't wait. This one will be fun one way or the other.