View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 98 - Saturday

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
My family and I arrived home from Canada yesterday. After the week at worlds in Montreal we headed north on a train to Quebec City and had a great relaxing week seeing the sights of this wonderful old city. It really was fun being a tourist for a week. The closest I came to a swim workout was hanging out in the pool at the hotel with my daughter and father.

This is morning I swam an easy 3k workout and felt hideous. I hurt in places I have never hurt before and had no feel at all for the water. It always amazes me how long it takes to get in shape and how quickly you loose it.

Todays workout

warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on :45

main set
5x100 pull with paddles on 1:30
4x100 with snorkel on 1:30
3x100 easy build by 25 on 1:30
2x100 drill on 1:30
1x100 kick on 1:30
10x50 stroke free by 25 on :50

warm down
300 easy

total 3000scy

Despite feeling hideous today it was great getting back in the pool and I am so looking forward to getting back to training. I have a few ideas for some short term goals and hope to swim a few different events this fall along with my normal free events. I am likely to swim 3 SCM meets and a couple of kids meets this fall.

My team mates from worlds are already talking about future meets and a number of my team mates brought up the world masters games in New Zealand in 2017.

http://www.worldmastersgames2017.co.nz

I am also seriously considering the European Masters championship in London in 2016. It will be one of the first major swimming meets at the London Olympic pool since it was reconfigured after the 2012 Olympics.

All good old stuff to continue to ponder and work through over the next few weeks.

Submit "Week 98 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Week 98 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 98 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 98 - Saturday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I'm in for London I've always wanted to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    I'm in for London I've always wanted to go!
    This is is another one to consider next year.

http://www.panamericanomaster2015.co...id=220&lang=en
    New Zealand would be great. I might need to think about that one...
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    New Zealand would be great. I might need to think about that one...
    New Zealand is on my bucket list and traveling that far would definitely require extra time after the meet exploring. One of my teammates did this event when it was in Sydney a few years ago and he said it was awesome. This is definitely worth some serious consideration.