View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 99 - Monday

Rate this Entry
I had a pretty restless night of sleep last night. My wife was up most of the night with allergies and unfortunately she woke me up. Normally I sleep like a log but last night was just not meant to be a good night of sleep.

Despite being tired this morning this did not affect my swim. I still dont have a feel for the water but put more effort into todays workout than Saturday. I think its going to take me a couple of weeks to get back into the swing of things. Also my shoulders ached today which is not a good thing. I ended up icing my left shoulder after practice since it hurt the most. I probably should have done both but ran out of time; still on vacation pacing at this point.

Warm up
400 Free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on :45

Main Set
4x(300 pull with paddles and snorkel on 3:30, 200 free with snorkel on 2:30, 100 free on 1:15)
8x50 kick on 1min

Warm down
200 easy

Total 3700scy

I held 1:05-1:07 pace throughout the main set which definitely got the heart rate up this morning. My hope is to go about 4k tomorrow and then stick to that this week. Next week when Tom is back we will no doubt start building back up on intensity.

Submit "Week 99 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 99 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 99 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 99 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments