View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

Settling into a new life...

Rate this Entry
by , August 24th, 2014 at 08:27 PM (607 Views)
The move is complete, though we're still making our way through boxes. I'm getting used to the new YMCA. Haven't joined the masters workouts yet... I'm holding off for a semester at least; the learning curve at work right now is pretty steep on the administrative side, so I'm going to ease back into the swimming as I can. I have been getting in to swim a few times a week, but really just for stress relief... nothing intense.

Today I did 2200 SCY:

400 EZ swim on 8:00
4 x 100 IM on 2:00
4 x 50 FR on 1:00
4 x 25 Fr on :30
4 x 25 BK on :30
1:00 rest
4 x 50 BK on 1:00
100 FR recovery
4 x 50 BK on 1:00
100 FR recovery
200 IM stretching it out on 4:00
200 EZ swim

Submit "Settling into a new life..." to Digg Submit "Settling into a new life..." to del.icio.us Submit "Settling into a new life..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Settling into a new life..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Where are you now Alex? Seems like a plan.
    I'm happy the move is progressing and that you are settling in.
    I'm living just outside of Waco, TX! And working at Baylor University... nice location, far enough away from the big-city traffic of Dallas-Fort Worth and Austin, but close enough (1.5 hours) to each when we want to see our extended families.

P.s. Love the job! This is an awesome place to work.
    Alex, I hope you continue to be well. A big move like what you did is always a major transition and takes time to rebuild your lifestyle according to the new location. I watch a TV/Cable show called HGTV Fixer Upper hosted by Chip & Joanna Gaines of Magnolia Homes located in Waco TX, which looks like a very nice family oriented town.
    Welcome back to Texas Alex. Baylor is a great school and a great location as you mentioned. There will be a few scm meets this fall in Dallas and Houston you could check out if you are interested. In November DAM has it's annual scm meet at Baylor hospital pool in Dallas and WMST have there 2 day meet at the Woodlands. Both are great events. It will be good to meet in person at one of these or even in the spring if the timing does not work this fall. Once again welcome home Alex.
    Thanks, guys, it's good to be back and hopefully I'll get to the area meets before long. I'm probably not going to have much in the tank for the scm season... my yardage is way down and training spotty to say the least. Hopefully I'll be a little more settled for the spring SCY season. Meanwhile, just enjoying being back in Central Tx!

And, yeah, we've seen "fixer-upper" with Chip and Jo-Jo... we're trying to score an episode, but some of those houses are SCARY!