500 various
3 x 50 scull
4 x 25 shooters w/fins
50 EZ

Main Sets:

8 x 25 burst SDK + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

5 x (25 AFAP w/fins + 75 EZ)
-- these were fast as usual without any real speed work in awhile. but unfortunately, the free hurt my shoulder
100 EZ

10 x 25 backstroke @ 100 pace @ :50
-- trying to hold 15s, saw a few 14 highs
100 EZ

-- tried to do a few 25s fly @ 100 pace, but it hurt so I desisted
50 EZ

10 x 25 dolphin kick w/fins & board @ 100 pace @ :35
100 EZ

10 x 25 backstroke kick w/fins @ 100 pace @ :40
200 EZ

Total: 2950

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was happy to be back n my favorite milieu. I felt a little discombobulated after all the long course and OW, but that will abate. My kicking felt strong, probably due to all the long course kicking. One of my AFAP 25 dolphin kicks with a board was a 9 high.

On the other hand, it was very disheartening that my shoulder was the worst it's been. In retrospect, I should have shifted to kick only workouts at the very first sign of strain six weeks ago. I'm hoping my bicep tendon is just very inflamed, and that it's nothing more serious. Because it hurt to swim every stroke except back today, I made an appt with an orthopedist for Friday for an eval. If it can't be fixed with a cortisone shot and it isn't surgical (don't think so), I will probably do PRP. I was referred to Dr Bradley, the Steelers doc and best PRP expert in the area. This injury is making the Rowdy Gaines meet unlikely. I had really hoped to get a better start to this year, but I guess it's not to be ...

Submit "Back to SCY!!!! Monday, Aug 25" to Digg Submit "Back to SCY!!!! Monday, Aug 25" to del.icio.us Submit "Back to SCY!!!! Monday, Aug 25" to StumbleUpon Submit "Back to SCY!!!! Monday, Aug 25" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Hope the shoulder eval works out ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Hope the shoulder eval works out ok.
    Thanks. I probably should have laid off any swimming and weights even though it didn't hurt when I swam initially. Until then it did. Sucks being old. Hope your rehab is coming along nicely.