View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

End of summer OWSwims

Rate this Entry
I haven't been blogging but have managed to get in some nice swims over the past two weeks...

Went to CT for a couple of nights with the family to cap the end of the summer, staying in a cottage on the CT river in the town of Chester. We were able to spend some time in Westbrook and I was able to spend a little over 20 minutes on 8/21 in these rollers for a total of 0.66 miles:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On 8/26 I met up with GregJS and Meg from our Masters team at Lake Raponda for a easy mile as the sun began to lower after a warm and humid day. So refreshing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On 8/30 I joined Meg and Greg at Woodford State Park for a brisk morning swim. It is a beautiful park with cold water that is very dark, almost as if one is swimming through tea. The wind was strong but the sun helped to keep us warm en route to our 3/4 mile swim in just over 30 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pool will reopen tomorrow, but I most likely won't get back before next week. NEM SCM Champs at BU will be Dec 12-14, so I have some time to get prepared

Classes at the Bible college started last week, and I will make it this week (because of work). Looking forward to a profitable semester.

Submit "End of summer OWSwims" to Digg Submit "End of summer OWSwims" to del.icio.us Submit "End of summer OWSwims" to StumbleUpon Submit "End of summer OWSwims" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Open Water

Comments

Great pictures! Sounds like some great open water swimming!

I noticed a, "Leaf Peepers," meet in VT in late October. Are you doing that one too?

Thanks for sharing the dates for the BU meet. I've been checking the NEM website, but hadn't seen it posted. I'll keep an eye on airfare now
    I've done that meet 3x now, and intend to keep going.
    Thanks, Tim

The Leaf Peeper meet is usually a fast one, although I have yet to make it. I'll again try to this year: http://adms.org/meets/2014-2015/2014...epers_UVAC.pdf

I'm also planning to make it down again to BU - always fun and a great chance to catch up with my swimming friends
    Mike,

In August of 1965 when I was 15 my sea scout group sailed along the LI Sound from Watch Hill to New Haven. We had 4 small sloops with 3 in each and camped on the beaches along the way. On August 6 my Dad intercepted me at the Westbrook beach, because my Mom had given birth to my youngest brother, Chris, that night. I guess he used the itinerary to find me, cause there weren't any phone booths on the beach nor cell phones.

Hoping to come up for the December NE champs meet. Take care Mike.
    Isn't it a small world, Bill? That is an awesome story - thanks for sharing!

Keep progressing on the recovery, it would be great to meet you if we both can make it to Boston.