View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 100 - Saturday

Rate this Entry
It was great to be back home last night and I had dinner(curry) with my wife and kids(chick-fil-a). I went to bed early and slept until 5am. I got up and had a leisurely breakfast before heading to the pool around 6:30am. Today was a team workout with everyone doing the same thing on the same interval. I continued the journey that is fly this morning once again doing way more fly than prior workouts.

Warm up
600 free with snorkel

Main sets
2x(5x50 fly on 1min fast, 5x50 kick on 1min, 5x50 IM order no free on 1min, 5x50 free breath every 5 on 1min, 5x50 free with snorkel on 1min)

Total 3100scy

i was was doing the fast 50s fly on 29s and they hurt. From 3 on I had to work hard to go under 30s. Interestingly the 50s free with snorkel I was holding 29s very easily.

After practice ice I did my first yoga session and really enjoyed it. In particular I worked on all around flexibility and core strength which is exactly what I am looking for from this. Pat first I was very stiff but by the end of the hour my hips in particular started to loosen up. Good stuff and something I plan on adding to my routine; I figure it can only help me with my swimming.

Submit "Week 100 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Week 100 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 100 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 100 - Saturday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Glad you enjoyed it!
    I am not 100% convinced that yoga really helps my swimming, but I am 100% convinced that I feel MUCH better mentally and physically after it. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Glad you enjoyed it!
    i was was a very good suggestion of Bill's to start with the beginners Yoga rather than jumping straight into power yoga. I really enjoyed the way she explained everything and in some cases actually showed us. She is unbelievably flexible and if I can be half as flexible it will help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I am not 100% convinced that yoga really helps my swimming, but I am 100% convinced that I feel MUCH better mentally and physically after it. Glad you enjoyed it.
    This is the first time I have done yoga and I guess in the back of my mind I had mental images of Will Ferrell doing yoga!! It was definitely not a Will Ferrell yoga session and I found it really good. In fact some of the hip related stretches in particular I felt my joints open up and at the end was able to reach much lower than the start. I hope the combination of flexibility and core will help my swimming but time will tell.

Ever since I saw blades of glory I get a chuckle every time I see ice skating.