View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

200IMs

Rate this Entry
by , October 7th, 2014 at 09:38 PM (1546 Views)
Monday recap: I kicked it all!
It was a build a bunch of stuff up to 4 x 200's, so I just kicked it as fast I could on the swim interval with Speedo optimus fins (medium length).

Today:
The main set was
8 x 25 kick/drill/swim/easy :30 fly and back sets; :35 for breast
200IM 4:00

repeat 3 times, all 8 x 25's of one stroke for each round; no free set.

IMs:
2:59 2:53 2:46

I was pretty happy with this set. I had enough in the tank that the 2:46 wasn't too bad. It was hard, but I felt well in control. I was 1:20 at the 100 so that means I was 1:26 on the way back, and that seems a good split. I feel quite confident that I can be at the 2:40 barrier in a meet!

Still can't decide what to swim at the Ron John. 100 fly and 100 IM for sure. They are the first events I would consider each day. The rest I may pick based on how well I can recover to max the events instead of which ones I am actually better at.

Submit "200IMs" to Digg Submit "200IMs" to del.icio.us Submit "200IMs" to StumbleUpon Submit "200IMs" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Still can't decide what to swim at the Ron John. 100 fly and 100 IM for sure. They are the first events I would consider each day. The rest I may pick based on how well I can recover to max the events instead of which ones I am actually better at.
    I haven't compared the order of events to last year; maybe it's the same and it's just my mindset, but it seems like a hard OOE to work with.