View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 109 - Monday

Rate this Entry
I had a relaxing evening after the swim meet and watched a Netflix period mini series called Reign about Mary Queen of Scots. Sort of like the series The Tudors but without the beheadings and scantily dressed young ladies. It was pretty mindless tv to be honest. I had a decent nights sleep.

I felt pretty crappy in the pool today. This was an aerobic recovery workout which should have felt great but unfortunately I had aches and pains today.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
8x50 catchup on :45

main sets
6x(300 swim with paddles on 4mins, 100 kick on 1:50)
12x50 drill swim IM order on 1min
12x25 underwater with fins on :45
4x50 free on :40

warm down
100 easy

on the 3rd round of the main set I felt my left hand paddle crack. I would like to say it was where I was pulling so hard but I don't think that was it. The paddle held together(just) but kept pinching my wrist as it flapped around. It cracked in a weird spot; bottom middle, where my arm covers the bottom of the paddle. I was holding 3:09-3:10s on the 300s and 1:25s on the kick. My legs felt tired today.

Submit "Week 109 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 109 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 109 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 109 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments