View RSS Feed

After a long rest

SPMS scm meet - Day 2

Rate this Entry
I had another late night last night but I guess I must be adjusting to local time because I did not feel nearly as tired. I had an excellent nights sleep and woke around 6am local time. I had a good breakfast with Stephanie and Ray Stone and my team mate Bill Elizondo before heading to the pool for a warmup. I once again felt great in the water although I could tell it was the second day of the meet and not the first. Today's line up was the 400 free and the 100 back.

The 400 free I ended up with a 4:17.7 which I was pleased with but my free turn challenges really caught up with me in this race almost coming to a complete stop at the 275 turn and again at the 350. I don't know what's the deal since I have swum scm many times before. I did hear quite a few people saying similar things so I was not alone. I think the most encouraging thing about this race was how strong I felt and if it were not for the turns I think I could have been even faster.

My second event today was the 100 back and unlike the 400 I hit everything right in this one with a final time of 1:01.3 and splits of 29.9 and 31.4. I would love to see this one on video. One of my friends said my underwaters sucked but I was the fastest swimmer. The great thing about swimming is no mater who you are or how old you are there is always something you can work on.

I have the 200 free and the 50 back tomorrow. Fingers crossed I will have a strong finish to the meet.

Submit "SPMS scm meet - Day 2" to Digg Submit "SPMS scm meet - Day 2" to del.icio.us Submit "SPMS scm meet - Day 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "SPMS scm meet - Day 2" to Google

Comments

Two more great swims, Stewart! Have fun with the 200 tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Two more great swims, Stewart! Have fun with the 200 tomorrow.
    Thanks Patrick. Also thanks for your post when you swam last year, this was my inspiration to attend this meet.
    Your backstroke is certainly firing on all cylinders at this meet. I reckon your 200 has a very good chance of ending the SCM season at #1. The 100 has a chance too, albeit a slimmer one. Your splitting in the 100 is absolutely perfect. Good luck with the rest of the meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Your backstroke is certainly firing on all cylinders at this meet. I reckon your 200 has a very good chance of ending the SCM season at #1. The 100 has a chance too, albeit a slimmer one. Your splitting in the 100 is absolutely perfect. Good luck with the rest of the meet.
    Thanks Karl. I cant complain about still being 44(I age up in Feb) but it does mean I am in with some really fast guys. Eric Christensen aged up to 40-44 and swam some unbelievable times at the Rowdy Games meet. I may get top 3 in a few events but I unfortunately won't get top spot this year. All that said,I have been really happy with all my events (so far) at this meet.
    Great meet so far Stewart! You're a real backstroker now!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Thanks Karl. I cant complain about still being 44(I age up in Feb) but it does mean I am in with some really fast guys. Eric Christensen aged up to 40-44 and swam some unbelievable times at the Rowdy Games meet. I may get top 3 in a few events but I unfortunately won't get top spot this year. All that said,I have been really happy with all my events (so far) at this meet.
    Arrrgh, I though you had aged up to 45-49. Still great times though. Good luck in day 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Great meet so far Stewart! You're a real backstroker now!
    Thanks Leslie. I have enjoyed doing the backstroke a lot and I am likely to add a few more events this spring for fun. I promised my daughter I would do the 200 breast, 200 fly and 400 IM in a meet so at some point I will have to hold up my end of the bargain. 😁
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Arrrgh, I though you had aged up to 45-49. Still great times though. Good luck in day 3.
    Not yet but it's getting close. Thanks I was quite surprised by the 200 back and even how good I felt at the end.