View RSS Feed

After a long rest

SPMS scm meet - Day 3

Rate this Entry
We had a fun night last night watching college football, eating food and laughing and joking. Great stuff. I still managed to get to bed at 9pm. I fell asleep pretty quick but woke around 1am with my stomach in knots and feeling really dehydrated. I guess my dinner did not settle as well as it went down. I felt better this morning but my stomach was still doing loops. Luckily as the day went on I felt better and better. I was a little nervous that I would suffer in the pool today but as it turned out I had another great day and finished off a great meet.

There was an issue with lane 6 the entire meet with numerous stoppages trying to fix an issue with the bulkhead. Today just before the women's 200 they finally decided to close lane 6 and reseed everything. Apparently the bulk head wall had a hole in it and they felt like it was a hazard. As a result of the reseeding I was moved out of the fastest heat of the 200 into the center lane in the second to last heat. I felt good ahead of the race and was ecstatic with my time of 1:59.9. This was my goal time for the swim and it was great to achieve it. My splits were a little off but who cares. I was out a little fast but hung on pretty well and I was a long way ahead of everyone in my heat.

My my last event was the 50 back where I went 29.1 and was again happy with the time. I had a tough time at the start going a little deep and despite trying as hard as I could not get going like hoped. This is a great time for me but I think I have a faster 50 in me.

Overall I had great fun and a great meet. I am really happy I swam at this meet and will be back(thanks Patrick). I have a week of work in California and will try to hold my taper this week around a busy work schedule. Next weekend I swim in the USAS LPA meet at our pool in Rockwall and I am hopeful I can carry my taper into next weekend. I am swimming with UCLA masters while in LA.

Submit "SPMS scm meet - Day 3" to Digg Submit "SPMS scm meet - Day 3" to del.icio.us Submit "SPMS scm meet - Day 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "SPMS scm meet - Day 3" to Google

Comments

Great weekend of racing, Stewart.

I wasn't around the meet long enough, but did you hear any updates on when the new pool at Long Beach/Belmont Plaza will be finished? This meet will always have great competition and I do like the pool at Commerce, but I think it'll become an even better meet once it gets moved back to Belmont.
    great swimming Stewart. I'm glad your taper really came together for you this weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Great weekend of racing, Stewart.

I wasn't around the meet long enough, but did you hear any updates on when the new pool at Long Beach/Belmont Plaza will be finished? This meet will always have great competition and I do like the pool at Commerce, but I think it'll become an even better meet once it gets moved back to Belmont.
    there was nothing official but one of the guys I spoke with from Rosebowl said something about a new pool in along Beach being built and this meet would move there in the next two years. I don't know if what he said is factually correct or whether it's the Belmont pool or not.

I found this earlier

https://m.facebook.com/RebuildBelmon...azaOlympicPool
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    great swimming Stewart. I'm glad your taper really came together for you this weekend
    thanks Mark. It was a lot of fun!
    Congrats on a great meet, Stewart! Your 200 back was awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Congrats on a great meet, Stewart! Your 200 back was awesome!
    Thanks Mike. I find 200s nearly always hurt but this was one where I did not hurt and really felt good the whole way. I was really happy with all my swims.
    Wow, great meet Stewart! Your hard work really paid off!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Wow, great meet Stewart! Your hard work really paid off!
    thanks Kirk. I am likely going to do a few more tweaks to my training program but the race base work is going to stay. This is the first meet in a long time I have felt strong and fast as opposed to tired and slow.

How are you doing with your shoulder injury? I hope you are feeling better.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    How are you doing with your shoulder injury? I hope you are feeling better.
    Hopefully it's getting better, but not sure. It hasn't really bothered me for a while, but I haven't done a really long practice for a while, either.