View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Speed Work, Tuesday, Nov. 11

Rate this Entry
by , November 11th, 2008 at 03:24 PM (1856 Views)
Successfully resisted the urge to go running this morning. Got an assist from one of our first really cold mornings. Instead, got a short speed workout in and will do core/RC work at home later.

Warm up:

600 swim-kick
10 x 25 fly spin drill, alternating 2-3-4 kicks on each side

Speed set

2 x through with finz:
100 strong on 2:00
100 EZ
2 x 50s AFAP on 1:30
100 EZ
8 x 25, alternate AFAP/EZ
100 EZ

Set 1:
100 back, 1:00
2 x 50 backstroke kick, 27s
4 x 25 fast free
(I can never get my times on 25s. Can't see the pace clock from the lane I swim in.)

Set 2:
100 dolphin kick on back with MF, :55 (jammed last turn and died on last 25)
2 x 50 backstroke, 26.5ish
4 x 25 fast fly

500 dolphin kick on back with MF

100 EZ

Total: 2850

Submit "Speed Work, Tuesday, Nov. 11" to Digg Submit "Speed Work, Tuesday, Nov. 11" to del.icio.us Submit "Speed Work, Tuesday, Nov. 11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Speed Work, Tuesday, Nov. 11" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The set 1 looks familiar. Those are some really fast times. Are you using fins?
    Full disclosure! I said it was a 2x through speed set with fins. I actually purloined this set from a workout in Chris S.'s three week taper plan. (Posted on FB under Notes for easy access and taper ideas. lol)
    And I'll post it on my blog next week when I start my 3-week taper.
    If you look at my taper workouts you'll see variations on that set also. I've used a modified version of Chris' 3 week taper for my last 2 Nationals with good results.
    I'm going to look more carefully through that taper plan again. I'd like to do something a little more "planned" the 10 days before for Zones, even though I'm only swimming one day. I'm usually somewhat haphazard about my tapers. And Ande's taper plan (also under FB notes) seems to ease off a bit too much for me. He's got a much better aerobic base than me.
    Updated November 12th, 2008 at 11:39 AM by The Fortress
    I'm a little short of time right now, but I'll put it up in a blog post later today and give some of my thoughts on it (and tapering in general).
    Awesome!