View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 12/20/14: morning

Rate this Entry
Borrowed this idea from Karl's post in the forums ....

12 Days of Christmas ... plus a bonus Hanukkah Set

12. 300 Warmup: 200 Swim/100 kick
11. Straight swim ... long and strong, focus on streamline
10. 2 x 125 Pull
09. Alternate easy/fast by 25 + 1 pushup or deckout
08. 4 x 50 Quarter's Strong + 2 pushup or deckout
07. 7 x 25 Burst and Cruise + 3 pushup or deckout
06. 2 x 75 (pull/no free swim/drill) + 4 pushup or deckout
05. Alternate skull/swim by 25 + 5 pushup or deckout
04. 100 social kick (and sing!) + 6 pushup or deckout
03. 75 choice (build by 25) + 7 pushup or deckout
02. 50 push-pull with a partner + 8 pushup or deckout
01. Sprint!
(1950 yds)

150 easy and out
(Masters/Rec/2100 yds/75 min)
----------------------------

Great practice to close out the end of the year! Everyone enjoyed the breakup of the distances and we did our best to sing and kick (at least, what we could remember of many classic Christmastime songs). With the kids on break until the end of the year, our usual Tuesday night practice has been bumped, and I will be working next weekend. A fun ending, complete with candy canes and chocolate snowmen to munch on from coach!

We are hosting our annual family Christmas party later this afternoon, and might try to make it to the local theater for the high school's rendition of A Christmas Carol this evening.

Submit "Workout 12/20/14: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 12/20/14: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 12/20/14: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 12/20/14: morning" to Google

Comments

Regarding your previous post, you seem to be motivating people to do all kinds of things. I enjoyed the men's group, too (and not just because I got a great free CD out of it!)

Today's practice was a hoot; that may be the only caroling I do this year; and I kind of consider it the official start of Christmas celebrations (well, that and also the Christmas cookie bake-off that my mom and I do each year, which we started last week).

Will try to have a complete Christmas song memorized by next year.

Hope your dinner went well. And thanks for the treats!
    Dinner went well, with everyone well fed and some great memories by the end of the evening. Lena and I even made it downtown to see the high school's adaptation of A Christmas Carol. A great day!