View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Jan. 3-5

Rate this Entry

Saturday Jan. 3

60 minutes of drylands and 20 minutes of stretching/yoga

Sunday:

Swim @ Sewy with 5 other Sewy masters

I was pretty tired, so cruised most of it. I also wanted to go to yoga later, so saved up some energy.

600 various
8 x 50 @ :50
8 x 25, SDK to 15 m and cruise @ :45
Jim's silly pyramid set:
lengths: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 @ :30 per 25
-- I did them with fins. First length of each segment fly@ 100 pace then cruise backstroke kick
100 EZ

Total: 2900

Vinyasa Flow, 75 minutes

I haven't been to a yoga class in simply ages. I rather prefer the bikram poses, but I just can't stand the bikram heat. The vinyasa temp of 85-90 is just so much nicer. And this studio is only 5 minutes from my house. I can do the bikram stretches on my own. Several of those are really good for opening up the chest and pecs.

Monday:

I was due for a day off after 7 days in a row. And I welcomed a day home alone in my house after all our holiday company. I did stretch and do my rehab exercises for 45 minutes. I feel better since I recommenced stretching, and I'm going to try to get to yoga once a week. My left shoulder is finally feeling better too. I am really psyched to swim in a cold deep pool tomorrow at Pitt. It's been along three weeks of crap pools.

Submit "Jan. 3-5" to Digg Submit "Jan. 3-5" to del.icio.us Submit "Jan. 3-5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Jan. 3-5" to Google

Comments

Jim is so silly!
    what time did you swim. I was too pooped to check if you'd be there on Sunday.
    Let me guess: Bill, Jim, John, Jeremy and Ben?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Jim is so silly!
    what time did you swim. I was too pooped to check if you'd be there on Sunday.
    Let me guess: Bill, Jim, John, Jeremy and Ben?
    He is a silly boy.

Yes, that group and we arrived around noon when the Y opened. It was definitely more crowded than usual.