View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Nationals & nada

Rate this Entry
by , March 19th, 2015 at 07:27 PM (52 Views)
It doesn't look like I will be able to carve out any time to train today - all work and no workout is going to make me a dull boy, so hopefully I get some better training in tomorrow and through the weekend.

My training, therefore, was in visualizing success as I entered Nationals. I figured that I wasn't having any success in coming up with a rational decision of which events to enter and so I may as well go with what "felt" right. Here's what's in the system now:

Friday, April 24, 2015
#9 200 Freestyle 1:48.81
#11 50 Breaststroke 30.82
#13 100 Backstroke 58.74

Saturday, April 25, 2015
#19 500 Freestyle 4:50.18
#25 100 Breaststroke 1:07.41
#27 50 Freestyle 22.77 - Sixth Event

The hardest decision was the 400 IM versus the 200 free. I actually almost submitted the 400 IM, but decided at the last minute that I was more excited about the 200 free. In addition, that 1:48.8 time is my non-tech-suit best and dates from 2008 Nationals in Austin. I would really like to get back under that and, based upon my freestyle races thus far, feel like I had a higher likelihood of success than in getting under my 4:15.1 400 IM time from Greensboro. This is clearly not an order of events designed to maximize my medal haul, but I think I can maximize my joy.

Submit "Nationals & nada" to Digg Submit "Nationals & nada" to del.icio.us Submit "Nationals & nada" to StumbleUpon Submit "Nationals & nada" to Google

Comments

We will get 3 races together which will be fun; 200free, 100back, 500free. You have some awesome entry times. You will likely be in the middle of the pool with a lot of those times. Cant wait, its going to be a lot of fast fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    You have some awesome entry times. You will likely be in the middle of the pool with a lot of those times.
    They are all real times I am not sure if I can get back to that 4:50 in the 500 from Greensboro, but figured I wanted to put myself in the mix. I'm counting on you being next to me, hugging the lane line and getting a good draft! I'd really like to get under 4:50 once in my Master's career without the aid of a tech suit. This might not be the year, but time is running out.
    I can't believe we share 4 of 6 events and that two of those are breaststroke! The 200 free should be a fun event with some tight racing. I forgot what I seeded myself with but it may not get me in the top heat. I'm glad it's the first event of my meet but not glad that it's right before the 50 breast (which is more my focus this go around).
    Nice to be done in 2 days! Hey, isn't there a meet in May somewhere in Phoenix? Would be a nice "last chance" meet for the season!