View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Hey all! Long time no Blog!

Rate this Entry
Just dropping in to say HI to everyone! I haven't really logged into USMS.org much over the past year with my whole house remodel thing going on. Well, phase 3 of 375 is almost done on the remodel, as I'm in the painting phase of the master bedroom, bathroom, and half the living room, along with the upstairs hallway and my MIL's room. Still lots to do.

But I did do a good thing (to make my wife happy, yet she hardly noticed) and took a load of 1.2 TONS to the dump yesterday. Mainly sheetrock, and old plywood from the old flooring. Also a few windows, a toilet, and other misc. garbage stuff. It's a great dryland workout if anyone wants to try moving 1.2 TONS twice over a few hours time.

Well, in swimming things, I'm still going at it, and actually on the upswing from last summer/fall. I was way out of shape then, concentrating mainly on work and my house. It showed in a couple events, like a 200 Fly in which I nearly could not complete. YES, James couldn't do a continuous 200 yard Fly! In November I did a 2:20ish stopping at the 100, 125, and 150 of the race for a 3-4 second breather turn. Gotta do what you gotta do, right?

Well, fast forward to last month, in a SCMeter meet, where I had no problem doing a 2:27 200 SCM Fly after a 400 IM and 1500 Free on Friday night, on my way to a very good full weekend on hopeful Top Ten swims.

This coming weekend I will be attending my LMSC SCY Champs meet in Moscow, Idaho, where the fun will continue. To start off the meet, I have the 400 IM, followed by 1650, then a while later have the 200 Fly and 200 IM. Sunday just the 500 Free and 100 Breast, but still a full weekend. I'm looking forward to the 400 IM "race to the death" against Ellen Reynolds. I'm assuming she's going for the 50-54 National record, since her entry time is just a mere second away, and she's had some previous good races with me in that race before. Not chicking me this time Ellen!

I'm hoping to get a video of the race, and if so will FB post it. If you're not my buddy yet, you better find me! My name is common, but it's still not hard to find me with all my common swimmer friends from USMS and beyond!

Happy swimming to all!

Submit "Hey all!  Long time no Blog!" to Digg Submit "Hey all!  Long time no Blog!" to del.icio.us Submit "Hey all!  Long time no Blog!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hey all!  Long time no Blog!" to Google

Comments

Welcome back!
    I hope your house is in great shape because we all had to pay for that renovation by missing your blog
    Swim fast.
    We missed you James. I am glad your back into the swing of things swimming wise. I was hoping you would be at Nationals in San Antonio. Summer?
    Thanks guys! House coming along nicely, and swimming too! As for Nationals plans, I don't have any...too hard to get out of work for the time being. I have plans of attending summer nationals in 2016 in Portland, Oregon. Right in my backyard almost, and I can stay with my sister or grandparents too.