View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Saturday, May 30

Rate this Entry
Run:

Went on a 4 mile trail run. Rather subpar because of wheezing. One of the soccer fields my daughter plays at seems to bother me particularly. It's also been raining quite frequently, and mold does not agree with me. Running in the DC area in the spring is a challlenge.

Food:

Breakfast: omelet with cheese, mango
Lunch: Salad with romaine, salmon, tomato, avocado, flax seed, peppers, pomegranate seeds
Post run snack: 12 oz G2, yogurt, nuts
Pre-dinner snack: plum
Dinner: Steak, broccoli, salad, glass of chardonnay

Submit "Saturday, May 30" to Digg Submit "Saturday, May 30" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday, May 30" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday, May 30" to Google

Updated May 30th, 2009 at 10:32 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Running

Comments

Did you put the pomegranate seeds in the salad?

Steak and Chard! Sacrilege!
    Your nutrition is awesome!

Sorry to hear about the wheezing. Hopefully things will dry up soon and clear the mold out. It bothers me as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Did you put the pomegranate seeds in the salad?

I had the chard while cooking actually. Not simultaneously!

Yep, pomegranate seeds right on top. Although I can happily eat them solo as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by elise526
    Your nutrition is awesome!

Sorry to hear about the wheezing. Hopefully things will dry up soon and clear the mold out. It bothers me as well.
    Thx!

I did snack on a few whole grain crackers late last night. I figured that was fine. But I didn't have any roasted red potatoes at dinner!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Yea, a dark wine like a Cab or Merlot would be a better combo...

I don't eat regular steak, but occasionally (when I can find it), I'll get ostrich. It is amazing! I missed going to the Ostrich Festival this year to stock up...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I had the chard while cooking actually. Not simultaneously!
    Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Yep, pomegranate seeds right on top. Although I can happily eat them solo as well.
    I will have to try that. I made a chef's salad a few weeks ago, and it turned out so good that we decided there will be a lot of salad experiments this summer. Looks like your food log might be more of an inspiration then a source of witty comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Yea, a dark wine like a Cab or Merlot would be a better combo...

I don't eat regular steak, but occasionally (when I can find it), I'll get ostrich. It is amazing! I missed going to the Ostrich Festival this year to stock up...
    Never tried ostrich ... I think they might have it at Wegmans here. May give it a whirl some day.