View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Life is good

Rate this Entry
Went to a meeting at the club pool late this morning to talk about the summer swim team. Noticed that there weren't many people at the pool despite the perfect weather. So, after the meeting, instead of heading for the dungeon at the Y, went home, got my son, and headed back up to the pool.

I figured out that if I got in during the first swim break (10 minute break for the kids and only adults allowed in the pool), I could warm-up and then do a long kicking set during the time when the kids were back in the pool. There were maybe 10 people in the pool excluding the diving well area, but there were some kids playing all over the pool. There are no lap lanes in the pool. I figured out by doing a kick set, I could see where they were and just go around them if need be. Pool is 25 SCM.

Here is the workout:

500 warm-up: 100 free/100 one arm fly/100 breast/100 free/100 one arm fly

4 x 500 kick with board (no fins) with 45 seconds rest
#1 - all dolphin kick
#2 - alternated 100 flutter/100 breast kick
#3 - alternated 100 flutter/100 dolphin
#4 - 100 flutter/100 dolphin/100 breast/100 back flutter/100 kick on side (Kids went to diving well, so able to do back kick).

Jumped out to put on some more sunscreen. Sun was strong and I was convinced I had missed a few places. Timed this so that I could hop back in during pool break and finish off the workout with the following:

200 easy

25 AFAP fly
25 easy
25 AFAP fly
25 easy
25 AFAP fly
25 easy

200 easy

3050 SCM

Changed into the frou-frou bathing suit and ordered Family Secret Chicken Salad. Absolutely wonderful. A salad made up of Romaine lettuce, strawberries, whole grapes, orange slices, cantaloupe, honey dew melon, and a 1 cup scoop of chicken salad. The scoop contains chicken, light mayonaise, and almonds. Had poppyseed dressing with the salad. Drank a Gatorade.

Stayed at the pool a couple more hours and enjoyed visiting with friends, listening to my husband play his guitar (he joined us mid-afternoon), and having my first alcoholic drink since Auburn - Lemonade Freeze with Absolut.

Hope everybody out there is having a great weekend. Nice to have some good weather for a change!

Submit "Life is good" to Digg Submit "Life is good" to del.icio.us Submit "Life is good" to StumbleUpon Submit "Life is good" to Google

Updated May 30th, 2009 at 10:02 PM by elise526

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Life does sound good! I may go to our summer league pool tomorrow. Way to sneak in a workout.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Life does sound good! I may go to our summer league pool tomorrow. Way to sneak in a workout.
    Thanks, Fort. It was a great day!

Life would be heaven if I could train outdoors year-round. Much better on the lungs. I'm envious of our follow forumites that get to do their swimming outside year-round. Still, I'm grateful I had the chance today.

Hope you get a chance to swim at the summer league pool tomorrow. Put lots of kick sets in there!
    now that sounds like a perfect family day.
    I'd like some of that chicken salad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    now that sounds like a perfect family day.
    I'd like some of that chicken salad!
    The salad is awfully good! I look forward to it every summer.