View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Ready for Colonies Zone meet!

Rate this Entry
by , April 8th, 2015 at 03:26 PM (2782 Views)
Plane ticket - check!
Rental car reservation - check!
Hotel confirmed - check!

Now, ready to pack and get to DC!

I have been doing VERY LITTLE yardage. Since i've been so tired out, stressed out, and feel like I have never really recovered from being sick, i've decided that I am better off doing nothing than doing something and not having it make any difference, or even worsen my performance this weekend.

Yesterday - 300 warm up
4 x 50's pull easy
4 x 50's kick easy
4 x 50's drill/swim easy
Done.

Today - not swimming.

Tomorrow - who can say? i'll probably go to Baylor. Need to shower!

Friday - nope. travel day = no swim.

Saturday - WISH ME LUCK! I'm going to take my squishy mat and nap/doze in between events.

When in doubt, i'd rather overtaper than overtrain!

Submit "Ready for Colonies Zone meet!" to Digg Submit "Ready for Colonies Zone meet!" to del.icio.us Submit "Ready for Colonies Zone meet!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ready for Colonies Zone meet!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck, but, remind me again why you are flying to DC instead of waiting a couple of weeks and driving to San Antonio? Or, are you doing both?
    Hi PWB! I just don't have the patience for a 3 1/2 day meet. And there is great competition, arguably even deeper since you are competing with all women and not just your age group. And San Antonio isn't any easier to get to than say, you going to LaJolla. It's a long drive and i'd probably end up flying, renting a car, etc, so why not go uber cheap to DC, yeah! Plus i'm done after this. Well, maybe. I heard a team in PHX might host a last chance SCY meet in May!
    See you down by the diving area! When do you get in? Overtapering is definitely the better way to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Hi PWB! I just don't have the patience for a 3 1/2 day meet. And there is great competition, arguably even deeper since you are competing with all women and not just your age group. And San Antonio isn't any easier to get to than say, you going to LaJolla. It's a long drive and i'd probably end up flying, renting a car, etc, so why not go uber cheap to DC, yeah! Plus i'm done after this. Well, maybe. I heard a team in PHX might host a last chance SCY meet in May!
    Got it. As for a last chance SCY meet in PHX, it looks like the May meets will both be LCM, which is good for getting ready for LCM, but bad as a last chance SCY opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    See you down by the diving area! When do you get in? Overtapering is definitely the better way to go!
    YEAH!!! I can't wait to get down there with my squishy mat and promptly fall asleep! Looking forward to seeing you! My flight arrives at 11am, so plenty of nap time on Friday if the flight is on time!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Got it. As for a last chance SCY meet in PHX, it looks like the May meets will both be LCM, which is good for getting ready for LCM, but bad as a last chance SCY opportunity.
    Bleh! LCM is too much of a commitment for me. LCM = 1/2 length sprints, heh heh. I thought someone named (nicknamed?) something close to "Taco" was going to host a SCY meet, but perhaps it is a LCM season opener.