View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Colonies zone meet report!

Rate this Entry
by , April 13th, 2015 at 10:16 AM (3160 Views)
Ok, here are my results!

50 free (split request) 25.6
50 breast 33.99
50 fly 27.4

100 IM 1:03.56
50 back 29.6
100 fly 1:03.2

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Best swim of the meet: 50 breast. It is the only swim I did faster than last year, and the .99 is always nice to get under the next second up.

The second best swim was the 100 IM, which I went out in 28.8, so quite speedy but got the hammer on the freestyle, but still, a very solid time, especially for my age group.

I didn't bother doing another 50 free. I got a split request because I didn't have a full 100 free in me. Plus I was kind of out of it, and needed the shock of a fast 50 free to get my head into the meet. After that, I didn't think I have a 24.99 in me at this point, and even going an inspired 25.01 didn't motivate me to get up off my squishy mat for the 50 free the second day.

These should all make top ten, the only wait and see is the 50 breast - usually low 34 will make it in, but at nearly that, you never know, and there are quite a few bunched in the mid to high 33's.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was strangely unmotivated for this meet, other than to make top tens and it seemed to take the edge off of swimming really inspired. At my own zone meet, I am motiivated to swim against the zone records. Here, it was fun to race, but knowing if you aren't going to be #1, then #10 is just as good as #2. I think you can't be 100% all the time, and in this case I just wasn't truly, entirely engaged and swimming with a sense of purpose, other than getting through a respectable number of events. I was also not in the best of conditioning, so I limited myself to 3 events a day, and even then, I was running on fumes for the 100 fly. For as bad as it hurt, I thought I did a 1:01. But I was out in 29.2, which is shockingly slow, and if I am that slow going out, then there is no way I had anything left to go my usual 33, and it was a whopping 34 2nd 50, although I didn't really die, I just wasn't very fast!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It was so great to see Fortress. She is so much fun to talk with and also to watch swim. I sat with Team Pittsburgh, YEAH! And I met Laurie Hug and Susan Williams. They are both so funny! Laurie is an inspiration - she swims so many events, coaches, puts the relays together, and has a great positive attitude. Susan was GREAT to swim next to on the 50 back (SW 28.1, me at 29.6). The biggest takeaway is the mental image of just how much faster she was on the underwaters. It is really a huge wake up call that she was so much faster and that it is possible, though very, very difficult to be that fast. It just takes a true commitment to doing these and going through Fort's workouts and seeing how she make huge stairstep improvements in the sprints by truly committing to underwater work.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm going to goof off this week. Very busy at work the rest of April as it is reporting time for the end of my fiscal year, so I am glad to be done with racing and can just do maintainence stuff with no specific training for the next several weeks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The end

Submit "Colonies zone meet report!" to Digg Submit "Colonies zone meet report!" to del.icio.us Submit "Colonies zone meet report!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Colonies zone meet report!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think your swimming is a model of consistency! Relative to your competitors, I think that 100 IM must be your best time right? Throw 6 more TTs on the pile. It was great seeing you! Can't you persuade your hubby to move back to your hometown? :-)

Really inspired swimming just can't happen all the time. Life interferes.

Btw, Susan's SDKs (like mine) really improved with the addition of a nose clip. I wear mine in the 50 fly and 50 free too.