View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Fri-Sun, April 24-26

Rate this Entry

Friday: Swim/SCY/Solo @ LA Fitness

Huge relief! Mr. Fort's tests this week were negative for cancer. Now he just has to see a hematologist about his abnormal white blood cell count. Apparently, marathon training can drastically change your blood work.

I just went to LA Fitness for an aerobic swim later.

600 various
100 scull
10 x 50 free w/paddles @ :50
50 EZ
15 x 100 flutter kick w/fins @ 1:30
-- held 1:05-8, got faster as I went
-- didn't do dolphin kick bc that was bothering my lower back
100 EZ
10 x 50 @ 1:00
odds = stroke
evens = kick
100 EZ

Total: 3450

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday Drylands:

-- I wanted to get to the gym on Sat, but was stuck at the house as Lil Fort (who's now taller than me, so the Lil descriptor may be way off) had friends over most of the afternoon and night. I did some landscaping today, which is a workout in and of itself. But I'm being very careful this year, as I suspect all the landscaping I did last year contributed to or caused the RC tear.

rehab ex
supine flutter kicks on bosu, 3 x 100
planks
straight arm dips, 75 x 3 x 25
face pulls, 60 x 3 x 215
rear delt flys, 65 x 4 x 12
leg press, 180 x 4 x 15
cable rotations, 25 x 2 x 15 each side
hip abductors, 110 x 4 x 8
overhead squats, 45 x 2 x 8
yoga ball pull ins, 3 x 10
kneeling ab crunches, 120 x 2 x 25

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm a little sad I missed out on all the fun at nationals, but it was for a good cause. I tried to watch as much of the livestream as I could and caught many of my friends' and teammates' races. Congratulations on all the fast racing!!!

Unfortunately, as I sit here I appear to be suffering another allergic reaction. I have hives on my arms, legs, back and belly. I had thought that maybe I had a red dye allergy last time. But today I haven't eaten anything at all unusual. My seasonal allergies have really whomped me. Maybe it could be related to that? This is really damn annoying. I am really hoping that I don't have to head off to the ER again for more shots ...

Submit "Fri-Sun, April 24-26" to Digg Submit "Fri-Sun, April 24-26" to del.icio.us Submit "Fri-Sun, April 24-26" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fri-Sun, April 24-26" to Google

Updated April 26th, 2015 at 07:31 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

Really happy for you and Mr. Fort. That had to have been scary. I hope everything else turns out well for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Really happy for you and Mr. Fort. That had to have been scary. I hope everything else turns out well for him.
    Thanks Patrick. Yes, it was a huge relief.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    i second Patrick's wishes and I too am so happy for you and Mr a Fort that it's not the dreaded Big C. Hopefully with some rest after Boston his blood work will return to normal.

I think ink you did the right thing with all your personal challenges, although we definitely missed you. Hopefully there will be a next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    iHopefully with some rest after Boston his blood work will return to normal.

I think ink you did the right thing with all your personal challenges, although we definitely missed you. Hopefully there will be a next time.
    Rest?! My husband doesn't rest. He doesn't even take a day off. He's super compulsive. I look like a lazy idler in comparison.

Thanks for the good wishes. Hopefully, the blood work will be better when he re-does it at the hematologist's.

I missed you guys too. It was a bit sad over the weekend watching the racing and not being there.
    glad to hear that