View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

It's Still Cold!!!!!

Rate this Entry
I got up this morning and headed to Noblesville for a 9am workout. I was running a little late sooooooo I was flying down River Road in my little white bmw.
Before I could really make any adjustments to my speed I saw a Noblesville Police Officer lurking on a wooded side road.....oh no, I am so BUSTED!
Well lucky me, this officer was the most polite and friendly policeman I have ever interacted with (as a perp). He asked me where I was going in such a hurry, I told him the truth " I was running late to swim practice!" . He told me I was 18 miles per hour over the limit and I needed to slow down.........then he let me go!!!! Now that's lucky!

Here's the workout i hurried to the pool to do in the 75 degree water:

-----Warm-up---------
200 Freestyle easy
200 Kick on Back w/fins
3 X 100 Swim (Fly/Free, Back/Free, Breast/Free)
-----main set-----
Super 1,000 Swim (1 minute per 50 interval)
50 free--100 free---50 free---150 free---50 free---200 free---50 free---150 free---50 free---100 free---50 free.
-----next set-------
5 X 100 Free on 1:00 descending speed
2 X 100 Free on 3:00 as fast as possible! (this was a bad idea today, the cold water and air made me tighten up during the excessive rest time on the interval)
-----Cool Down------
600 Free Swim (I needed this to undue the damage from the 2 fast but cold 100's)
3,000 Meters

Tomorrow I start teaching Freshman Summer School PE! I'm going to school at 5 am and swim LCM at the Carmel Natatorium. This will be a great schedule; I will be done at noon so Sarah and I can go out to lunch every day afterwards! (Sarah is taking Calculus in ss)
Afterwards a nap will be in order!

Submit "It's Still Cold!!!!!" to Digg Submit "It's Still Cold!!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "It's Still Cold!!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "It's Still Cold!!!!!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Boy were you lucky getting out of that one! You must have impressed him with your swimming abilities.
    Have fun with PE.
    Flip
    Yikes, 5x100 on 1:00???? Is that a typo?
    WHOOPS!! The set of 5 X 100 WAS on 2:00 interval, NOT on 1:00 interval!!!